Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Major Upgrade] Impartial Leader Selector
10-27-2015, 03:22 AM,
RE: [Major Upgrade] Impartial Leader Selector
I'm trying to use the Leader selection tool to pick leaders for Road to Berlin #38. The defined scenario is missing Ostfr's so I can't pick them to be randomly generated.

http://www.pg-hq.com/library.php?type=sc...id=RtBr038
10-27-2015, 03:56 AM,
All fixed. Send me a beer.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-27-2015, 04:07 AM,
Thanks! Put it on my tab. Smile
10-27-2015, 05:18 AM,
I mentioned to Shad directly but if you are able to fix these things, the Leader Selection for the US in An Army at Dawn calls for US Sergeants. There are none in the counter mix but some of the scenarios mention them. I'm not sure what the best way to deal with that would be. I presume the selector database was based on the scenarios, so the leader selection problem is based on an errata issue with the scenario book. In the one game I have played that was affected by this so far, I substituted the SGT counter for another LT to keep the number of leaders up. With the selection, I discovered I can put a 0 in as the number of SGTs and wont get an error message.
10-27-2015, 06:37 AM,
I can fix some things. I can fix scenario data & OOBs. That will at least give you the correct leader types for a given scenario. I can fix the number of leaders of a given type drawn in a scenario, but I think any registered user can do that. I can change unit data, but I cannot change the pictures. Same for the games, data yes, pictures no. I can the formation database, though it has become quite a manual process now.

If you send a list of specific fixes, I'll see what I can do.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-27-2015, 11:55 AM,
I think the simple fix is to remove the space for US Sgts from the leader selection for AAAD and put in an errata explaining that there are no US Sgts in the counter mix for that game. I know it affects more than one scenario but dont know how many yet. I need to pull it out and check. It seemed the simple thing to replace the missing Sgt with another LT. Stating that as errata rather than adjusting the leader selection tool seems the way to fix it.
10-27-2015, 10:21 PM,
Maybe an opportunity for a future laser cut counter sheet to include a few U.S. Sergeants?
10-27-2015, 11:29 PM,
That would be 2 scenarios, 35 & 39. Errata has been added, the sergeants have been honorably discharged.
10-28-2015, 12:48 AM,
(10-27-2015, 11:29 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: That would be 2 scenarios, 35 & 39. Errata has been added, the sergeants have been honorably discharged.

As much as this old Sergeant First Class likes seeing NCOs in the game, I think at this early point, it seems to fit that there aren't many represented. Although I could see the crusty old Master Sergeant from Sahara out there among the M-3 Lee tanks.  Smile  Thanks for helping get that taken care of.
10-28-2015, 04:57 AM,
(10-28-2015, 12:48 AM)thomaso827 Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 11:29 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: That would be 2 scenarios, 35 & 39. Errata has been added, the sergeants have been honorably discharged.

As much as this old Sergeant First Class likes seeing NCOs in the game, I think at this early point, it seems to fit that there aren't many represented. Although I could see the crusty old Master Sergeant from Sahara out there among the M-3 Lee tanks.  Smile  Thanks for helping get that taken care of.

I'm sure there were a few old crusty 8's and 9's in Torch that made a career after the Great War. My dad often tells me about this one Sgt Major he had in Vietnam that fought in both WW2 and Korea. The timelines between wars are equivalent (WW1 - WW2 and WW2 - Vietnam).