Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Armor joining an in progress assault hex
07-29-2012, 07:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 08:28 AM by Shad.)
RE: Armor joining an in progress assault hex
(07-29-2012, 06:27 AM)JoeBuckeye Wrote: How can an adjacent armor unit move into an already established assault hex?

I assume that it can activate and then move in but can it then start an assault resolution in that hex involving all the units already there (assuming the friendly units already in the hex have not activated this turn)?

This seems to be a pain to coordinate with INF since non-tank leaders can't activate armor units so if the hex is at full strength you would need to activate the INF first and have one move out (leaving other behind so no exiting fire) and then have another activation to move the armor in.

Joe,

This is how you do it (followed by loads of provisos thereafter). I use rule numbers so that you may look them up (and not out of some amazing knowledge of rule numbers !!)

Your AFV may enter the hex with a 'Fire' activation and then see 12.3 'Optional Combat'. IF you so wish, the AFV can stir the hornets nest and the assault with all your troops can take place as per your Q.

If it is a non-tank leader AFV and no tank leader has activated him, then you are correct, it can not make an assault move due to rules 5.4 combined with 3.31.

If the assault hex is at full strength BEFORE the AFV enters, then yes, a unit must leave. Once again YES, this is an awkward pain, but as far as I am concerned, such combat is not an easy thing to arrange in real life. If you have ever been next to an AFV group whilst they are moving, it is practically impossible to direct them satisfactorily in any detail at all. It should be difficult in game rules Smile

So in such a situation, activate a foot unit to exit the hex. Next activation, get the AFV going to enter the hex and stir them up and have your assault.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armor joining an in progress assault hex - by vince hughes - 07-29-2012, 07:55 AM