Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you play?
10-20-2012, 01:59 AM,
RE: How do you play?
And so to my own 'nuances'

First of all, and Wayne will laugh at this, but I like a neat board ! Counters, when face up should face the 'right way' for the player owning them. None at 90 degrees this way, 90 degrees that way or God forbid, 180 degrees around ... very ugly !

Not too worried about the Moved/Fired markers versus the tile spacing thing now that its been explained. I find the leader counters hide most of the unit artwork anyways ? I also, as the turn wears on, quite like seeing the delineating lines of forces as starkly shown by the blue v red MF markers.

When actually rolling dice in a ftf game, I like the dice to be shaken properly in the dice shaker before their descent into the dice tower. None of this 'putting' dice down it .... Never trust a player that does that LOL

I have one main PBEM opponent (John Legen in Ill). Now for most people, PBEM is too slow. But I view the PBEM side of gaming in a totally different way to other gaming. We basically do an AS a night each. In England, each night, years ago on the TV, there would be an 'adventure' series such as Dick Barton Special Agent. Each episode would only be about 5 minutes long and would run for weeks and weeks on end. These were generally shown at the end of the kids TV slot. It was just a little 'bite' every night. This is how I see the PBEM games. I come home from work, settle in and at some point, go to the games room to view the PBEM battlefield. Carry out his emailed move. Roll the hamete dice for any MC's and then send my move and dice rolls. Its my little piece of PG a day fix. Sometimes on the weekend, we might send 2 or 3 moves a day if either of us has the chance, but there is always one move. Its a nice diversion for me and over the past 4 years we have emailed I think 7 or 8 PG battles to each other. Our current is 'Slowing The Juggernaut' and has taken nearly a bloody year, but it is winding down now.

Oh yes, my main nuance of course is taking sides. Being somebody that enjoys statistics, once I played the first of our PG games as the Axis, I have always stuck with that. It has obviously made summing up and the assigning of results, losses etc much easier when glancing through 'scores' and lists etc. One of my favourite Axis nations is the Romanians. I have a 'fictional' journal running on their battles, supposedly penned by a travelling war correspondent. I have not played many Romanian battles lately other than my PBEM but would hope to fit more in soon. I have worked through their battles on EFD sequentially, and am looking forward to reaching the Odessa struggles.

Thats all I can think of really. More will come I suspect as and when new opponents come to light.

Messages In This Thread
How do you play? - by Shad - 10-19-2012, 06:53 PM
RE: How do you play? - by vince hughes - 10-19-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: How do you play? - by Shad - 10-19-2012, 10:53 PM
RE: How do you play? - by vince hughes - 10-20-2012, 01:31 AM
RE: How do you play? - by campsawyer - 10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: How do you play? - by Matt W - 10-19-2012, 11:22 PM
RE: How do you play? - by vince hughes - 10-20-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: How do you play? - by waynebaumber - 10-20-2012, 04:47 AM
RE: How do you play? - by JayTownsend - 10-20-2012, 03:41 AM
RE: How do you play? - by waynebaumber - 10-20-2012, 04:42 AM
RE: How do you play? - by Dean_P - 10-20-2012, 12:29 PM