Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Buy Advice for a New Player
10-12-2018, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2018, 10:21 AM by DasReich.)
RE: First Buy Advice for a New Player
Thank you guys for the breakdown, that's exactly what I was looking for in terms of "number of small scenarios".

Now I know that Elsenborn Ridge is highly regarded as a starter, but the subject just doesn't interest me as much as say Kursk, Broken Axis or Liberation. So unless I find it pretty cheap, I've all but ruled it out, and as for Broken Axis, its a shame there aren't many smaller scenarios and that it has tougher terrain. In light of those two concerns, I'd probably have to rule that one out too. I'm still not totally ruling out Road to Berlin though, because I am a solo player, so balance isn't huge, it's the most interesting to me, and I have a copy of the 4th Edition rules from the demo. So if I find a cheap copy I may spring for it, but perhaps as a second game. This leaves Liberation and the Kursk: South Flank. Kursk is more expensive, so can anyone speak to the difficulty of the terrain in Liberation? If there's lots of LOS intricacies, I may wait until further down the line to get it.

Messages In This Thread
First Buy Advice for a New Player - by DasReich - 10-12-2018, 02:15 AM
RE: First Buy Advice for a New Player - by DasReich - 10-12-2018, 10:20 AM