Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking Funeral Sale
11-03-2014, 10:14 AM,
RE: Viking Funeral Sale
(11-03-2014, 08:59 AM)armyduck95 Wrote: Totally none Viking Funeral related, but, as a kind of completist, is there any reason I'd want to get Heroes of the Soviet Union? I own EF deluxe, and Red Warriors already.

If you own EF deluxe and Red Warriors, you already have the two maps and one countersheet from Heroes. Heroes does have mounted maps. It will probably also have the 2nd edition rules and an older version of the game markers (less color and simpler graphics).

The scenarios are different. From reading through my old notes, it looks like 14 of the 24 scenarios in Heroes cover Operation Mars, and have been reworked and improved for Red Warriors.
11-03-2014, 11:03 AM,
On the other hand, Heroes scenarios are nowhere as large as some of the biggest in Red Warriors.
11-03-2014, 11:38 AM,
(11-03-2014, 11:03 AM)Michael Murphy Wrote: On the other hand, Heroes scenarios are nowhere as large as some of the biggest in Red Warriors.

Even bigger with Tank Battles, but that is long gone.
11-03-2014, 11:50 AM,
By the way Tony, First Axis contains several small scenarios that are very appropriate as a first scenario when introducing newcomers to the systems. Go For Broke is also good in that regards.
11-03-2014, 12:23 PM,
(11-03-2014, 10:14 AM)rerathbun Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 08:59 AM)armyduck95 Wrote: Totally none Viking Funeral related, but, as a kind of completist, is there any reason I'd want to get Heroes of the Soviet Union? I own EF deluxe, and Red Warriors already.

If you own EF deluxe and Red Warriors, you already have the two maps and one countersheet from Heroes. Heroes does have mounted maps. It will probably also have the 2nd edition rules and an older version of the game markers (less color and simpler graphics).

The scenarios are different. From reading through my old notes, it looks like 14 of the 24 scenarios in Heroes cover Operation Mars, and have been reworked and improved for Red Warriors.
thanks
11-04-2014, 12:23 AM,
It is a perfect idea to pass along for a Christmas shopping list, great timing in that regard anyway. I pointed out that my wife could actually get me everything I really want and still have money for the stuff she always gets me that I can't for the life of me understand why. Of course I worded it a bit better than that to her. Smile

Tom Oxley
11-04-2014, 12:33 AM,
(11-04-2014, 12:23 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: It is a perfect idea to pass along for a Christmas shopping list, great timing in that regard anyway. I pointed out that my wife could actually get me everything I really want and still have money for the stuff she always gets me that I can't for the life of me understand why. Of course I worded it a bit better than that to her. Smile

Tom Oxley

Heh, that made me laugh.

I haven't placed an order yet... trying to see if some friends want to combine an order to get the free shipping.
11-14-2014, 07:57 AM,
Gaudalcanal and Kokoda Trail both sold out at this point in the Funeral.
11-14-2014, 02:57 PM,
IMHO the games no longer available in the records here need to separated from those that are. I don't mean the AAR records but the game pages, map pages etc. There may need to be a system that notes on the AAR pages that the reports are on no longer available games.
11-14-2014, 05:12 PM,
(11-03-2014, 11:50 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: By the way Tony, First Axis contains several small scenarios that are very appropriate as a first scenario when introducing newcomers to the systems. Go For Broke is also good in that regards.

Thanks for the info, Daniel. I received First Axis and IA and was reading through those. I already have Go For Broke and like the info and scenarios in there.