Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking Funeral Sale
10-31-2014, 04:02 PM,
Viking Funeral Sale
As Avalanche Press moves toward the new year, they're discontinuing several Panzer Grenadier games to free up warehouse space and make the accountants happy.

Last chance to buy some good-to-great titles at very low prices:
Viking Funeral

There are also some PG books in the annual Black November sale.

Before anyone asks, this is not a desperate, just-trying-to-keep-the-doors-open thing. It's a move to save warehouse space and storage $$ for games that have reached saturation (almost everyone who wants one has one). These games no longer sell enough copies to cover the cost of storing the parts.

AvPress is in better shape than at any time in the last three years. They're moving forward with new stuff and the old stuff has to go away to make room.
10-31-2014, 11:26 PM,
RE: Viking Funeral Sale
Can someone clarify whether the Arctic Front listed is Arctic Front Deluxe?

Also, if you're curious as to which are most useful to you, I'll put out a shameless plug for the playability spreadsheet pinned at the top of this forum. I've not updated it for the newer games, but it's very useful in managing your collection.

Then again, at these prices, "buy all" is also an option
10-31-2014, 11:31 PM,
That is 'deluxe'
11-01-2014, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014, 01:02 AM by larry marak.)
At least there was some thought to the supplements in the funeral pyre group...those supplements which depend entirely on the soon to be vanished boxed games are funeral pyre material....the black November sale list has items that still have legs on the remaining titles. If you have all these funeral items, then the only motivation to purchase more, at the gc discounted price, is for the countersheets. If you want some NKVD forces, get Sinister, If you want Italians in CSIR livery, you need Fronte Russo, if you want to put togeather a complete Slovak division, then your choice is First Axis.

The above suggestions would carry more weight if we had more of a DYO element in PG. Where you pick 1 of the 14 battle situations defined here at PG-HQ, choose the time period and forces from a chart, and then purchase units. The C&C series addressed the purchasing of forces a while back, too bad that sub-set died on the vine.
11-01-2014, 12:43 AM,
Man, for $30 I'm sorely tempted to pick up a 2nd copy of East Front or Road to Berlin. Maybe donate it to someone that is interested in the series some day.
11-01-2014, 01:11 AM,
$30 bucks nothing, figure in the GC discount. We're talking $21 here, as the early-order, not everyday gc discount applies to the Viking funeral items.
11-01-2014, 01:45 AM,
Wow. Plus you save a game from a fiery death!
11-01-2014, 02:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014, 02:40 AM by Matt W.)
Indeed, think of the atmospheric carbon saved...

Do it for the planet...
No "minor" country left behind...
11-01-2014, 04:03 AM,
The savings on a couple of games make the GC cost even out. Then next year is gravy.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-01-2014, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014, 08:06 AM by tlangston28.)
I am actually thinking of First Axis as I don't have that one and a second copy of Desert Rats only because of the requirement for 2 copies to play certain scenarios. both copies would come in at just under $30 + shipping with gc discount.

hmmmmmm......