Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leader combat bonus and armor
08-05-2014, 12:22 PM,
RE: Leader combat bonus and armor
Rule 7.33 is equally clear in that units in a hex my alway combine fire of the same type. So, yes it can. We hashed this out a year or 2 ago on Consim.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-05-2014, 12:31 PM,
(08-05-2014, 12:22 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Rule 7.33 is equally clear in that units in a hex my alway combine fire of the same type. So, yes it can. We hashed this out a year or 2 ago on Consim.

Yes, but only unit in a hex. But combining with multiple hexes requires a leader.
08-05-2014, 05:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014, 05:27 PM by vince hughes.)
(08-05-2014, 12:31 PM)campsawyer Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 12:22 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Rule 7.33 is equally clear in that units in a hex my alway combine fire of the same type. So, yes it can. We hashed this out a year or 2 ago on Consim.

Yes, but only unit in a hex. But combining with multiple hexes requires a leader.

Or to make that answer a little fuller:

Yes, but only units in the same hex. But combining with multiple hexes requires a inf leader with a fire rating of at least one and he can only combine other inf/apc to his hex WHILST tank leaders can NEVER combine with units that are in a DIFFERENT hex anyway (although they can activate them of course).

And to confirm Peter's reference to 7.33, units in the same hex of any type may always combine the SAME TYPE of fire (ie: either all DF or all Bombardment, but never a mix and AT never combines).

There, that is as full and simple as it can be :-)
08-05-2014, 10:31 PM,
RV, I think you have enough to work with. Take the interpretation you want, or if you find a 3rd way, I'd like to hear about it. Anyway, I see this as a matter of who may join whom. Fundamentally, the tank in hex #2 combines with the infantry/gun/APC in hex #2, not the tank combining with hex #1. I bring in the APC because, as Vince may also recall, it was tank-APC fire groups we discussed over on Consim. Some one there was asking about adding a leader's modifier (a 2 in that case) to the tank-APC groups, as well as combining fire.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-05-2014, 11:48 PM,
Yep, thanks for the input. I'm going to go with the idea that the tanks in the 2nd/3rd hexes can NOT join the fire group though they can of course fire on their own.

rv