Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you organize?
05-08-2014, 04:19 AM,
RE: How do you organize?
Even just 4 come out to be less than $5 a tray. Total is $19.76. (Hey! That's Colorado's centenial!)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-08-2014, 10:14 AM,
I use Darice Bead trays. They snap shut securely, and each compartment is sealed along the top (they're made to keep beads from flying everywhere - a much tougher job than keeping counters separate).

http://www.darice.com/store/details/cata...ge/1157-11
05-08-2014, 11:23 PM,
Any issues with looking for a counter in a particular slot Dean?
05-08-2014, 11:59 PM,
The floss boxes I use are similar to what Dean suggests above, see: http://ep.yimg.com/ay/craftersmarket/flo...izer-6.gif .

As for Zaarin's question, generally speaking I can dig or stir around if I'm looking for a common counter (e.g. 8xGREN in a compartment containing Heer foot units): at worst (or for leader draws), one simply pulls out the bunch, searches through, then replaces the unused ones.

For me, the convenience is in: security of storage in the box (the box and counters can't easily be "crushed" and the lid is secure); easy stacking of the boxes; and easy ID of the box contents via permanent marking. So, for example, to play an Fronte Russo scenario, I simply pull the: (i) AFD+FR+SF; (ii) EFD; and (iii)markers boxes.
05-10-2014, 11:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 11:29 PM by Dean_P.)
(05-08-2014, 11:23 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: Any issues with looking for a counter in a particular slot Dean?

Not really. with 32 slots it's pretty easy to organize into small batches. That type of problem is only when you're looking for that 1 colonel in a stack of 50 officers or in that one specific tank in another large pile.

The biggest problem i have when finding things is remembering which place i put some of the more esoteric weapons. For example, in BotB the M16 is shown as "motorized artillery", but has only direct fire values. Did I sort it into the artillery/mortar pile or is it in the AFV pile with the tanks (see the OOB for BotB and you'll see that in one game it's motorized artillery and another it's a tank).

[Image: 24-1.png][Image: 24-0.png]

EDIT: One idea I have toyed with is taking all the admin counters out of the individual boxes and put them in a single box. Since these typically take up a quarter of the compartments that would free those up to further dividing the larger bins. Even so, that's not critical. I have RtB and all 800+ counters fit easily. I am not as sure about some of the "extra thick" counters - would they still fit?
05-11-2014, 09:39 AM,
I never noticed that before. Even more noticeable is the art work on one is a standard M2/3 half-track and the other looks more correct.
05-11-2014, 10:08 AM,
Yeah, the counter artwork got better over time with many units including the M16s.
05-17-2014, 04:19 AM,
Here are the promised pictures I referenced earlier. Hopefully this makes it clear:

ReducedDR.jpg - This is my Desert Rats box. The overlay is a template I created in Excel and as I need a new one, I just copy it and move it down as I have set up all the cells to be the same size.

ReducedAK.jpg - This is my Afrika Korps box opened with the overlay above so that I can see at a glance what is in each "cubbyhole".

ReducedMix.jpg - This holds AFDX, White Eagles and South Africa's War pieces. Those pieces that are not obvious are marked with the appropriate game: (Soviets: AFDX, Germans: WE).

ReducedTrays.jpg - Here are several of my counter boxes stacked up. You can see the design change between the older bottom ones and the newer style top 2. I stack them this way and they fit nicely on a shelf. You can see that the stack of 6 comes up to about the top of an opened laptop screen. not much space at all. I will probably get a PTouch labeler and label the visible side so that I don't have to pull it out to read the contents.

CaseReduced.jpg - I have two of these file boxes that I use to store the game maps, scenarios and campaign books. This is my 0 - H box as you can see. Smile

My admin counters , as mentioned are in a similar style tackle box along with dice and a pair of stanley heavy duty tweezers - a must for handling stacks!.
05-17-2014, 06:33 AM,
Very smart Tony, I never realised I was fighting against such an organised enemy !
05-17-2014, 06:57 AM,
Vince,

Unfortunately, Organization does not equal Victory... Tongue but thank you anyway!