Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you organize?
05-02-2014, 08:56 AM,
How do you organize?
I'm curious what others do. Plano 3701? Some other small storage container to organize?

Right now, I go the cheap route: Ziplock baggies, by nationality, with a separate baggie for each type (leader, AFV/Tanks, squads), per box title.
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
"All the Axis is hearing the tolling of the bells, and we're doing the rope pulling." - ADM "Bull" Halsey
05-02-2014, 10:37 AM,
RE: How do you organize?
I do it the same as you. Have for years now, it works for me.
05-02-2014, 12:26 PM,
Pretty much the same.
No "minor" country left behind...
05-02-2014, 12:40 PM,
I use Chessex 16 compartment, letter-sized counter trays. These are then sectioned off with card stock with ID flags. These are organized per national force.

[attachment=576]
Divisional/Special Counters

[attachment=577]
The Allies The US Army & Army Airborne are off on a mission.

[attachment=579]
The Axis The Heerstruppen are also on a mission.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-02-2014, 02:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014, 02:01 PM by tlangston28.)
I use knock-offs of the Plano 3701 (I believe they are called Gripper and I get them 3 for $15 at Dick's Sporting Goods). Each boxed game has it's own tackle box and I have an additional one where I have mixed in several of the utility countersheets along with dice.
For books and supplements, I combine 2 or 3 supplements into a single tackle box (except Black SS, which has it's own smaller tackle box and Go For Broke - the Nisei are in with my Battle of the Bulge counters). For each counter box, I have printed a layout guide that I currently lay on top of the dividers and then close the box over it. I may end up getting those plastic job sheet holders that I can stick to the top so that the sheet can slide in - I just haven't had the time.

As for the games themselves, They all fit nicely in 2 letter size file boxes, where I keep the scenario books and the maps together by game. The second box actually has room for more (Saipan, Burning Tigers, Marianas and Kokoda Trail on the way). The boxes are all in my basement on a shelf with the rule books inside (I use a printed copy of the annotated rules but with 4th edition coming, that will change).

I will post some pictures later.
05-02-2014, 02:14 PM,
I was considering going the Plano route, but I think I like the Chessex idea. They're slimmer. Do the Chessex organizers fit inside the box (assuming core titles here...I don't own any of the books....yet.)
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
"All the Axis is hearing the tolling of the bells, and we're doing the rope pulling." - ADM "Bull" Halsey
05-02-2014, 09:10 PM,
(05-02-2014, 02:14 PM)hawkeyeted Wrote: Do the Chessex organizers fit inside the box (assuming core titles here...I don't own any of the books....yet.)
They do fit, so far as the footprint is concerned. The problem you will have when you put Plano boxes or Chessex trays in a box is that the contents will quickly become thicker than the box space. That aside, I got my counter trays from Fair Play games. There is also a counter tray made by GMT which you can get from Atomic Empire, it has 20 compartments. I prefer the Chessex trays because the compartment footprint is big enough to arrange 6 (2x3) stacks of counters. That is useful when trying to billet the infantry and other counters that come in large numbers.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-03-2014, 01:26 AM,
I guess the next question is, which has a better reputation for remaining snapped shut during storage? I hate having to round up AWOL counters.
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
05-03-2014, 01:35 AM,
Both are adequate. As far as the better snap, Chessex is definitely (painfully on occasion) the better.
05-03-2014, 02:14 AM,
I use GMT counter trays for units and leaders, and keep utility counters separate, as we all now have zillions of dug-in/demoralized counters. Extra black and blue boxes for boxing some of the scenario packs and custom made game sets, like a complete Tank Battles with 800 plus counters and quite a few maps. Every article on every title each in their own notebook or folder. All note books set up alphabetically on a book shelf, next to the game shelf. Every page of every article in a plastic sheet protector.

My name is Larry, and I am an addict.