Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you organize?
05-03-2014, 02:25 AM,
RE: How do you organize?
I stopped punching utility counters long ago because the accumulation was quickly outstripping the necessity.Then I made others in a more agreeable format. Now most of the AP utility counters are in the bottom of my "excess counters" box.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-03-2014, 03:13 AM,
I use cross-stitch floss boxes for each game. Plenty of room to separate major component types by nationality (16 "regular" sized and one "double sized" for 17 compartments). Thanks to Vince, I now have sufficient "cool" color utility counters to have a dedicated box containing both the warm and cool sets for M/F; morale; ENTs and Dug-ins etc. They do occupy some volume, but they secure nicely; can be stacked on a book shelf (not too deep); and can be written on with a permanent marker for easy identification and pulling. These boxes go for no more than ~ $4 at A.C. Moore or equivalent (more expensive than "baggies").

For example, I have one box that contains in separate compartments:

SF: SS ground
SF: SS transports; guns
SF: SS leaders
SF: SS armor
SF: NKVD
SF: PAR
SF: NKVD leaders

FR: IT foot
FR: IT leaders
FR: IT armor; transports; guns
FR: IT blackshirts

AFD: Finn foot
AFD: Finn transport & guns
AFD: Finn leaders
AFD: Finn cav
AFD: Finn armor
AFD: Sov amor; transport

So if playing a scenario from a supplement, I just have to grab the appropriate specific box and any box(es) from boxed games. Another box has Black SS; Secret Weapons; and Iron Curtain etc. Smaller boxes with 7 compartments are also readily available which are good for mines; wire; and other ancillary items.
05-04-2014, 02:09 PM,
I throw counters into the box, all mixed up because in the end- they won't get lost in the box. OK - actually I have some in fish tackel boces, but I can't keep them with the boxed game. I have others in small zip baggies inside teh box games. That works well enough for me and assures i keep box game pieces with their game. Ultimately, I am disorganized and wish to get to a standard system Smile
05-04-2014, 10:41 PM,
For the older games I went the baggy for units & markers and counter tray for leaders and aircraft sorted by game. All of the South Flank counters are in it's box in baggies as are Saipan. When I get Burning Tigers I'll probably put it with South Flank since they cover the same engagement.
05-05-2014, 09:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM by Memenne.)
I have GMT's counters trays (5 x 4), one for each boxed game.

In a separate box, I have a tray for the markers, and (for the moment) two trays for the supplements.
05-07-2014, 03:13 PM,
So.....I visited my local gaming store here in San Diego. No Chessex or GMT trays. In fact, he'd never heard of either trays being sold as just the trays, only as trays within a carrier. (Probably too much time playing Magic and not enough time in Galicia.)

Good news is, he's going to contact his vendor and see about carrying the trays.
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
"All the Axis is hearing the tolling of the bells, and we're doing the rope pulling." - ADM "Bull" Halsey
05-07-2014, 10:18 PM,
I always got mine online. The prices are much better.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-07-2014, 10:22 PM,
I can get them for ~$3 online, but once shipping is added, they're close to $7. I was hoping to get them locally to avoid that shipping charge.
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
"All the Axis is hearing the tolling of the bells, and we're doing the rope pulling." - ADM "Bull" Halsey
05-08-2014, 12:14 AM,
I buy 10 once, sub total 24.40, add shipping of $13, total $37.40. That makes $3.74 apiece.
05-08-2014, 03:06 AM,
You know, that's something to think about. I only need four right now, but owning 10 would make a great excuse to pick up more PzG games.
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley