Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate Supplements and Games
04-07-2014, 12:26 AM,
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games
I don't understand what is mean't by "got rid of" older games and what the purpose of this thread is. I would hope that by getting rid of your older games you mean selling or trading them to people that don't have the luxury or means to constantly upgrade. I understand that AP will not be reprinting 'Desert Rats' any longer and most likely we can expect that other boxed games with the foldable, paper maps such as 'Afrika Korps', 'Guadalcanal' and others will also be discontinued (perhaps repackaged later and/or enhanced) because AP says that it will no longer be producing those type of gameboards. I also understand that 'Saipan 44' is getting revamped and likely along with new artwork. As a designer my question to you would be if you are suggesting that people not buy any existing copies of 'Saipan 44' and hold out for the new one, and, secondly, those that already own that game to "get rid of" it as soon as they rush out to buy the new one? Maybe I should stop playing any further scenarios from 'Guadalcanal' and wait for it to go out of print and then wait even longer to see if it will get revamped and repackaged along with a price increase. Also, I understand that 'Invasion of Germany' is a collection of other supplements that are now out of print but other than that no upgrade. If you already owned all of those prior than why would you "get rid of" them to get a book that has already shorted the potential customer of one of the scenarios? I can understand upgrading 'Artic Front' and 'Edelweiss' as there are more scenarios (at the cost of requiring the ownership of even more titles to play those). With 'Airborne' there was a change of scenarios with each incarnation. But more specifically, what are you getting at here?

Messages In This Thread
Duplicate Supplements and Games - by JayTownsend - 04-06-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by otto - 04-06-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by zaarin7 - 04-06-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by nebelwurfer9 - 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by Hugmenot - 04-08-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by Shad - 04-13-2014, 08:54 PM