Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Tigers
07-12-2014, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014, 02:33 AM by armyduck95.)
RE: Burning Tigers
I finally received mine and I am pleased with it, admittedly, I will likely use most of my old markers just out of familiarity
07-12-2014, 03:38 AM,
Doing something on all 4 battles of Kharkov would be best done as a book because the forces involved changed concertedly between the first battle in late 1941 and the last battle in late 1943. The first two would use the counter mixes from Easter Front. The third would need Eastern Front and South Flank. The last would need both Kursk games.
07-13-2014, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014, 01:47 PM by tlangston28.)
Here are some pictures of the counters

Soviet Guards and RKKA Front/Back.

German Infantry Front/Back and Goliath Front (nothing on the back).

Counter shot from above, i.e. standing on it's edge. The counters are about 1/8" thick - not quite Liberation (I don't have Lib44 but I did see Peter's picture on that.

You can plainly see the line that designates the back of the counter. I will include a picture of those utility counters later. I also have my Division Marocain that I will post later. I also posted these pictures on BGG but I don't think they have been approved yet?
07-13-2014, 09:12 PM,
Thanks much. Just a friendly feed back. When you aim strait at the counter the flash shines on the counter face and all you can see is glare.
07-13-2014, 09:51 PM,
I see the counters will still need some edge cleaning to make them look good. I am not keen on the thickness. Still too large to be nicely compatible with the older components. But for me it will not matter as I am not likely to see this until Army at Dawn is produced.
07-13-2014, 11:13 PM,
(07-13-2014, 09:12 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: Thanks much. Just a friendly feed back. When you aim strait at the counter the flash shines on the counter face and all you can see is glare.

I knew the flash would cause glare on that counter. My intention there was to show the thickness in comparison to the front of the counter, the type of counter didn't matter to me for that picture. the others were shot at an angle to avoid the glare. Smile
07-18-2014, 11:49 PM,
Over on the Consimworld thread for this series are pic's of the counter sheets.
07-19-2014, 12:33 AM,
(07-18-2014, 11:49 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: Over on the Consimworld thread for this series are pic's of the counter sheets.

Wow... those German armor units are 11-8's for AT. Elephants I think? Hard to read the counter.
07-19-2014, 03:26 AM,
Elefants indeed. nasty suckers especially since their armor is pretty high.

The Brummbars are impressive as well.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-19-2014, 06:49 AM,
Looking at the Elefant counters on one of the images of the BT countersheets attached to a recent post on CSW, is there an SSR covering their weakness of having no hull mounted MGs? I would have thought that they would have been more vulnerable than other AFVs when assaulted by infantry.
Tim
P.S. Just to be nitpicking, they should be called Ferdinands in BT. The vehicles were modified later with more armour and a bow MG, and redesignated as Elefants. There's some interesting info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elefant including mention of the conversion of a battle damaged Ferdinand into an experimental breakthrough vehicle called a Rammtiger - now that would make an interesting PG counter! Smile