Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpathian Brigades - Initial Positions
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM by Hugmenot.)
RE: Carpathian Brigades - Initial Positions
Scenario 02 - A Very Nice Change

Initial Italian Position. I was inspired by Wayne Baumber's AAR and split the Italians in two groups very far apart. I was hoping the Italians would hold on one of the positions while inflicting sufficient casualties in the other.

Northwest corner with markers and leaders next to their starting position

After the leaders and markers are put in the right hexes

Southwest corner with markers and leaders next to their starting position

After the leaders and markers are put in the right hexes

I also split the Polish force into two groups but I won't give too much details as my goal is to help others set up the defensive side, not to show how I played the whole scenario.
01-13-2013, 07:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 07:56 AM by Hugmenot.)
Scenario 03 - Breakout and Pursuit

Initial Italian position. Maybe I am influenced by fever but I believe the Italians have a chance to win this one.

Units

Units with Leaders and Defensive Markers

01-13-2013, 09:58 AM,
That is a great leader draw for the Italians! My problem was that I didn't have many morale assists. Also I was very dispersed and needed to consolidate my defenders.
No "minor" country left behind...
01-27-2013, 03:45 AM,
Scenario 04 - Fraternal Assistance

Finally, a non-static defense scenario! A scenario I enjoyed.

Commonwealth Setup without leaders and markers

Commonwealth setup with leaders and markers

01-27-2013, 03:51 AM,
Scenario 05 - On the Attack

Another static defense situation. I believe the Poles are favored in this one.

Entrenchments, minefields, and wires

Units

Leaders

01-27-2013, 06:43 AM,
By the way, Daniel - your pictures are turning out great. It looks like you were able to find that sweet spot with lighting et al..Smile

Good job!
01-27-2013, 07:23 AM,
Thanks Tony.

I was planning to play all the Carpathian Brigade scenarios but I am not so sure anymore; too many static defenses with similar orders of battle. I will figure it out after scenario 5 or 6.
02-20-2013, 07:29 AM,
Scenario 06 - The White Knoll

Another static defense.

I may not have applied SSR #3 correctly. My interpretation was the Italian AT guns were subject to this rule but that made for a boring scenario.

Italian Setup

With Leaders and Markers

I will take a break from Carpathian Brigades for a while to experiment with something other than static, box defenses. My experience so far with this supplement is the scenarios are good studies of box defenses, but lacks variety as to the order of battle.
02-22-2013, 04:52 AM,
Have posted a comment on one of your AAR's re Scenario 2. Good work here Daniel. I must admit I have never felt the need to try and play through one game set/module hence my depressing lack of campaign ribbons.
Alan Sawyer and I are slowly playing FoF games and enjoying them but I suspect we will branch off at some stage.