Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House rules per the Gunny
03-14-2024, 03:58 AM,
House rules per the Gunny
1) In the case of open-topped AFV, I have always thought that allowing them the same immunity as tanks a bit much. So I have HR'ed a minus 2 on the DF and BF charts to give them SOME vulerability.

2) In the case of retreating, I have decided that as long as there is a good order unit in the same hex, the unit does not have to retreat.(That makes sense!)

Any thoughts on those?

GG
03-17-2024, 07:46 AM,
RE: House rules per the Gunny
The AFVs are affected by Xs only in direct & bombardment fire.

The open-topped ones have to take an M2, the closed-top (turreted tanks) take a regular M check.
Sonora, Tambu, sagunto And 8 others like this post
03-17-2024, 08:34 AM,
Got it, but..... "house rules" are supposed to be alternate rules.... supposedly to make the game "better". (....and virtually everyone has at least one!)

GG
03-17-2024, 06:30 PM,
(03-17-2024, 07:46 AM)ACav Wrote: The AFVs are affected by Xs only in direct & bombardment fire.

The open-topped ones have to take an M2, the closed-top (turreted tanks) take a regular M check.

Additionally, if there is an 2X or 3X result, the 2nd X is taken from an open-topped AFV, if present.
Miguelibal, CavDo, treadasaurusrex And 10 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-18-2024, 04:16 AM,
(03-17-2024, 06:30 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 07:46 AM)ACav Wrote: The AFVs are affected by Xs only in direct & bombardment fire.

Additionally, if there is an 2X or 3X result, the 2nd X is taken from an open-topped AFV, if present.

And if they are alone the 1st X is still hitting the open topped AFV. It seems by house ruling to make the open top more vulnerable to MX checks you are actually making them less vulnerable to DF/BF by strongly reducing the chances of causing a step loss.