Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons why I don't do "on line".....
01-27-2024, 11:23 AM,
RE: Reasons why I don't do "on line".....
(01-27-2024, 08:05 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Hell, I haven't even gotten to the point where I can group my favorites together as of yet.

Let's start at the bottom rung. What sort of PC have you got?  If you have Windows 10 or 11, you have Skype.
If you have a Microsoft account, you have a Skype logon.
If you have speakers and a microphone, or a headset, we can talk. Otherwise PM me and I can call you or send my number.

Where do you stand on those points?
Peter
Reconquista, CavDo, treadasaurusrex And 1 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-28-2024, 03:06 AM,
I agree that vassal is not user friendly, still can’t get it to work. A PC game would be awesome, imagine how much money Mike would make with all the DLC for this game!
01-28-2024, 03:55 AM,
I have a Lenovo Yoga, headphones, but no mike.... I thought I had skype on this one, but can't find it.... anywhere. My account (?) comes up under an Email name I haven't used in years. I had thought I had set up a skype link (password), but it comes back with an error message and I can't get any further than that. (...and that's about my usual luck!)

GG
01-28-2024, 04:07 AM,
The Lenovo Yoga is a pretty cool little box. It does have a dual mic array. I'll move the rest of this to the private message section.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-28-2024, 08:04 AM,
(01-28-2024, 03:06 AM)Rodney727 Wrote: I agree that vassal is not user friendly, still can’t get it to work. A PC game would be awesome, imagine how much money Mike would make with all the DLC for this game!
Send over an email, and I will walk you through the process. There are a number of quirky features to overcome.
ACav, CavDo, OldPueblo And 8 others like this post
01-28-2024, 10:11 AM,
I would still love to play or get you started or walk through general Vassal. I like doing things like that and I like reading your comments. I think it would be fun. 

I am not a rules lawyer. In fact I get things wrong all the time, but I know how to have fun (sailor...) and generally am patient although once started it is pretty easy to keep going. 

Vassal itself is a little quirky but we can get there among all of us. 

Treadasaurusrex brought up a good point and for you as well Marc. Most of us have all sorts of issues or constraints and I think we thrive here where we play an hour or two at a time and then come back. Sometimes the games take a couple weeks, but it is about the experience not the destination.

I think with you being here and commenting as you do you have a line of people waiting to take s shot at you... ;-)
Grognard Gunny, cochise75, CavDo And 10 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).