Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New game
08-31-2023, 03:00 PM,
RE: New game
I'd love to have them....
A fascinating example of military hubris....Son actually wrote a paper in HS about it....

!
Are they electronic? Is there a place they could be attached and made available to everyone...

Put your moniker on them Gunny!...you'll be immortal!....
09-02-2023, 04:35 AM,
Unfortunately, not electric. I did them the old fashioned way. Send me your address and I will slo-mail them.

GG
09-02-2023, 04:39 AM,
Unfortunately, all my written stuff went down the tubes when my computer died. (THAT will learn me to back up EVERYTHING!) It shot hours of work down the tubes. A real heartbreaker. (..... and made me "give it up".)

GG
09-02-2023, 07:18 AM,
Gunny--I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. I hope you feel better soon. So you were in Cleveland? That's where I live.
treadasaurusrex and OldPueblo like this post
09-02-2023, 07:30 AM,
(08-30-2023, 04:24 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Well, here's my "story" (.... sad, but true!): Went up to Cleveland and immediately came down with a medical "condition".... came home two days early only to check into a hospital for "treatment". To make a sad, long story short... I'm in bad shape! The Docs can only shake their collective heads and tell me "...it is chronic!" in short, my problem(s) will never get better. (Oh joy!)

Then (to add insult to injury) my computer crashed, taking with it all my materials (excepting maps) for the "Project!" At that, I quit.

Sorry to disappoint you all (as I do myself) but I do not have neither the time nor the drive to carry on with it any longer. This is exactly why I didn't want to get involved in it to begin with. I had feared that something like this would happen. (I really DO HATE being right all the time!  Confused )

GG
Very sorry to hear of your medical issues. Hope that you will accept my best wishes.
OldPueblo, cjsiam, Reconquista like this post
09-03-2023, 03:35 PM,
(09-02-2023, 04:35 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Unfortunately, not electric. I did them the old fashioned way. Send me your address and I will slo-mail them.

GG

Tragically, I'm in Thailand...shipping anything is ...complicated, too often.
BUT---
Should anyone want to catalog the work electronically!  Stand up and preserve the map option!
That person could then get them to Peter---who in his infinite spare time---could create a "AGunnyTooFar" collection
people could play upon....

just as an idea....someone whose local (in US) raise your hand and scan um! Smile 
I'd be interested in the scans....and getting them into the hands of Mr. Lloyd.
Schoenwulf likes this post
09-03-2023, 11:17 PM,
I've already sent him my address Craig. I will send you scans shortly after I get the maps.
cjsiam and Schoenwulf like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-12-2023, 11:23 PM,
I have the maps. Thanks Gunny.

The scanning is done. Need to clean up there extra white space caused by the scanner, then we can get started.
Schoenwulf and cjsiam like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking