Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New game
07-22-2023, 01:34 PM,
RE: New game
(07-22-2023, 12:13 PM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: That would be a good idea, but is not the AP/PG "way". One of the prerequisites for this whole thing is that I conform to the AP/PG "way". So my thoughts for the map (in question) is that it be completely reversable in order for it to be usable in more than one or two scenarios.

I definitely WILL keep the overlay idea in my future reference file, however.

GG

A nicely produced overlay, used for scenarios----- and evolution of "the way"...
Seriously, that should not be a constraint to producing a better sim....

But, your mileage may vary....
07-23-2023, 05:14 AM,
My objective for the whole project is to stay within the parameters of the PG game system. If the PG world doesn't have "Overlays", neither shall I. (Just keeping within my self imposed bounds.)

GG
07-24-2023, 11:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 06:22 AM by Grognard Gunny.)
Day: 72  HOP (hours On Project): 45! Finally got the first run on maps all done. Two reversible maps (NW of Arnhem), two non-reversible (Arnhem and W. Arnhem w/river) maps, a reversible "betowe" map (links to W. Arnhem), a non-reversible Nijmegen map, a reversible "bridges" map and a reversible Groosbeek Hts map. Not bad considering the terrain.

Now back to work on the scenarios (and OOBs). 

GG
goosebrown likes this post
08-01-2023, 11:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 06:23 AM by Grognard Gunny.)
Still plugging along with the whole "project". It's not TOO bad...considering. Day: 80 HOP: 49

GG
08-07-2023, 06:27 AM,
Corrected "days on project" in previous posts..... How I managed to get THAT messed up I have no idea.... Writing intros and setting scenarios now. (DOP: 85 HOP: 51)

GG
08-12-2023, 11:36 PM,
I will be going on vacation for a week or so. (Giving myself a bit of a hiatus from this "project".) Rest assured I will be back at it upon my return.

GG
08-30-2023, 04:24 AM,
Well, here's my "story" (.... sad, but true!): Went up to Cleveland and immediately came down with a medical "condition".... came home two days early only to check into a hospital for "treatment". To make a sad, long story short... I'm in bad shape! The Docs can only shake their collective heads and tell me "...it is chronic!" in short, my problem(s) will never get better. (Oh joy!)

Then (to add insult to injury) my computer crashed, taking with it all my materials (excepting maps) for the "Project!" At that, I quit.

Sorry to disappoint you all (as I do myself) but I do not have neither the time nor the drive to carry on with it any longer. This is exactly why I didn't want to get involved in it to begin with. I had feared that something like this would happen. (I really DO HATE being right all the time!  Confused )

GG
08-30-2023, 12:40 PM,
Gunny....make lemonade.....
Contribute your efforts to those who follow and might want to pick up...
but carry on enjoying yourself--and enjoying playing more games....

A road we will all tread going forward....
make lemonade...
treadasaurusrex likes this post
08-31-2023, 10:09 AM,
Anyone want my maps? It's the only thing I got left.

GG
cjsiam likes this post
08-31-2023, 10:54 AM,
Sure. I can try to merge them with the CD campaign book. Then perhaps, well, I don't know, but its a start.
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking