Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A swelling impulse
04-29-2023, 06:37 AM,
RE: A swelling impulse
(01-18-2022, 06:46 AM)treadasaurusrex Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 06:37 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Richard Winters hasn't sent me a PM/email yet. I'll be on it as soon as he does. Winking

Maybe one for either the 102nd CAV (Ed Lehner -- my great uncle's -- outfit) or the 14th CAV (Leo Otero -- my uncle's -- outfit) of Battle of the Bulge Fame?

The 14th Cav is present in many scenarios of Ardennes 44 including the final fight in Poteau. Still hidden somewhere in Mike ´s computer…
Miguelibal, ACav, Tankodactyl And 10 others like this post
05-01-2023, 06:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 06:04 PM by Greyfox.)
Years ago, when Doug McNair was still part of AP and working the Game Convention circuit and they were doing downloadable supplements, I talked to him about expanding the number of division sets beyond the first set they produced.... If memory serves, it was the Finnish Tank Division.  I suggested using the same colors as the rest of the counters for that particular nation but just using the unique division patches.  And also that there could be a set of scenarios with a particular campaign to go with it.  
     AP has since made several sets like that - I want to state that I had nothing to do with APs Division expansions nor that my suggestion was even a factor in their development.  I just wish that AP would include a unique division set either printed or digitally, with each campaign study.  I think it would be nice.  
     During that time frame I also recommended that they make digital maps that could be printed with the actual terrain for each battle.  I think Doug thought the idea intriguing.  It was after Beyond Normandy, but before Cassino.  It turns out that most folks prefer the more generic maps.  While they are beautifully and can be tailored to make millions of possible scenarios, the historian in me would love to attempt to fight on the same terrain.

Mike
Tankodactyl, Tambu, Miguelibal And 5 others like this post
05-01-2023, 02:35 PM,
I'm am, ever so gently, trying to entice young Peter into creating some generic terrain tiles,
and a blank board so we can set up our own terrain....
Roads he's already got....
Some woods, some hills, some towns, Rivers like roads.....
Fields.....

The various Campaign systems out their in wargame land would be easier to integrate....
The "ignore the features on map" detracts.....in my, ever so simple, mind....
Tankodactyl, ACav, Tambu And 3 others like this post