Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slopes and Movement
10-16-2021, 04:44 AM,
RE: Slopes and Movement
Fred, I question my own motives too. Then again, I am a fan of Hidden Brain and Invisibilia.

The rules only address the basic terrain vis-a-vis roads. When movement cost adds come in to play, most other games consider them separate after terrain determination. The rules as written don't address that, but they do it.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-16-2021, 12:14 PM,
RE: Slopes and Movement
(10-16-2021, 04:44 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Fred, I question my own motives too. Then again, I am a fan of Hidden Brain and Invisibilia.

The rules only address the basic terrain vis-a-vis roads. When movement cost adds come in to play, most other games consider them separate after terrain determination. The rules as written don't address that, but they do it.

I'm keeping this brief as tempers in this thread seem to be running a bit high. 

It seems as though you are applying rules overhead from other games without anything in PzG actually telling you to do so. That does not seem to be your normal approach, so I honestly would like to see what you have that led you there. This wouldn't be the first time I hadn't realized a nuanced rule had changed over time, while I am still slogging through the old stuff. 

Back then the general rule (as it still seems to do) said use the road cost, and the specific terrain rule said "no really, use the road cost". Paraphrasing of course.