Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Rules] Double jeopardy?
01-04-2021, 08:33 AM,
RE: Double jeopardy?
In the second paragraph of 6.7, he is already dead, unless he was riding a tank. If riding a tank or multi-step unit, the leader loss check is the only chance he would die.

And you did a poor job of explaining your double jeopardy mechanism.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-05-2021, 04:16 AM,
I’m sorry for not being able to explain myself very well.
Thank you for your time
01-05-2021, 04:21 AM,
You just need to list the events (presumably as a hypothetical situation) to which you get to the problem.

The real issue, did the question get answered?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-05-2021, 11:05 AM,
Yes u got me straightened out. It is now crystal clear.
I’m 42 & I used to play “highway to the Reich” with some older gentlemen that where in there mid 70’s back when I seventeen.
It’s been a long time.
During the time off work for x-mass of 2020-21 me & my 11year old boy have been pouring hours in to the rules. The learning curve is vicious.
But...I know that devotion to the rules is key to game flow & enjoyment.
We started with small scenarios with no armor & now we trying small scenarios with a few tanks.
I took a few screenshots my son and I have considered your knowledge carefully
Thank you thank you
01-05-2021, 11:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2021, 11:46 AM by plloyd1010.)
Well David, if you and your son are learning, I have a modest suggestion which may still be of some value to you. Over in the files section of Vassal support there is the PG Über Mentoring Scenarios Document. It is a pdf document containing the scenarios used for mentoring and self-study in the Vassal Academy. They are small scenarios of 4-6 turns, focusing on a couple aspects each in playing Panzer Grenadier. They will work well with both the original Panzer Grenadier and Eastern Front Deluxe.

The idea came from Bill Wilder's training scenarios for Steel panthers. It will break learning PG in to nice chewable pieces. I'll warn you, the scenarios are for learning, not so good for competition. Don't forget to record the scenarios you play, it earns you cute badges.
01-05-2021, 03:17 PM,
Even Better David if you enroll in the VASSAL Academy---you both can Smile --- you can record your games---you play with your son--- and both of you get graduated....

Imagine the delight of being able to setup, play a game---quickly on computer---even when you're remote!

The wonderful Mentors here (cough cough) would be happy to get you through these to graduation.
01-06-2021, 02:00 AM,
Wisest perhaps, the path they see, our young padawans allowed should be. Guide them we will, when the time it comes.
[Image: 500?cb=20150206140125]
cjsiam likes this post
01-06-2021, 02:13 AM,
I deeply appreciate the warm welcome and suggestions.
I’m sure we will join vassal.
01-06-2021, 05:44 AM,
Bottom line is that "Rolling for Leader loss Casualties" is always done after all other impact rolls...
Any step losses incurred during the resolution are accumulated in rolling for the leader loss.

So---resolve the fire/assault
Roll for a) Officers morale; b) units under the officers; c)compute total step loses; d) if >0 then roll 2 dice subtracting 1 for each 
lost step....a modified result of 2, and the leader, he's gone.....If you have more then one leader in the hex, you roll for each...
they would tend to be involved with the men who took casualties
01-06-2021, 05:50 AM,
Thank you for the links for mentoring scenarios