Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Eastern Front VASSAL
06-25-2020, 02:09 PM,
Problem with Eastern Front VASSAL
I have elected the scenario self play path to gaining access to VASSAL. I chose Eastern Front as my self play module. The uber module d/l went just fine. However, when I click on the d/l for the Eastern Front files it takes me here http://www.pg-hq.com/index.php with no d/l. There is also no option to d/l them all as a single zip file.
06-25-2020, 11:20 PM,
RE: Problem with Eastern Front VASSAL
You need to go to the Vassal Data Files, then click on Eastern Front box. Your choice should allow you to download those files. If you can't there is code a problem and we will figure something else out until it is fixed.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-25-2020, 11:30 PM,
Self-play may not have been the better choice for you, since you are a new player. You are going to get called on game errors, as well as instructed on the PG Uber nuances. You've picked a steep curve for a new guy.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-26-2020, 10:12 AM,
(06-25-2020, 11:20 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: You need to go to the Vassal Data Files, then click on Eastern Front box. Your choice should allow you to download those files. If you can't there is code a problem and we will figure something else out until it is fixed.

This is exactly what I did. However, it takes me to the PGHQ front page, rather than d/l the files. All of the Eastern Front d/l links do this. The VASSAL module core files (Uber, minefield, and mentoring) d/l just fine.

I shouldn't be too bad on rules. I've been gaming since the 70s and play a lot of VASSAl.
06-26-2020, 10:43 AM,
Did you get the files though?

I had a friend who used to say, "When learning a new system, the first 3 games don't count." That is because you learn the rules in the first 2 games, then learn how to use them in the in the 3rd.  My first game was Midway, 1972.
06-26-2020, 10:52 AM,
Thanks for touching bases. I did not get the files. When I click on the d/l it just kicks me to the front page.
I just ordered Elsonborn Ridge to get the 4ed rules. Smile
06-26-2020, 11:05 AM,
(06-26-2020, 10:52 AM)Duncan Wrote: Thanks for touching bases. I did not get the files. When I click on the d/l it just kicks me to the front page.
I just ordered Elsonborn Ridge to get the 4ed rules. Smile

The rules are on the site here....and I think the free demo has a 4ed download as well.....
07-04-2020, 06:43 AM,
The post came with four PG boxes for me today. Taking Fire in the Steppe to read in the coffee shop right now.
cjsiam likes this post
07-04-2020, 11:10 AM,
(07-04-2020, 06:43 AM)Duncan Wrote: The post came with four PG boxes for me today. Taking Fire in the Steppe to read in the coffee shop right now.

Remember, make lots of comments in the logfiles.
DuncanR likes this post
07-08-2020, 01:36 AM,
This is a bug that I will squash today. Sorry for the trouble, Duncan.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...