Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press
02-10-2020, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 12:27 PM by Tmo.)
RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press
Ok - went and signed up.  I'm a veteran Vassal player - so I downloaded the demo 4th Edition and it has Map 43 but in the scenario brief Map 43 is upside down but in the vassal module it is up.   So is north then the bottom of the map?    Thinking the map should be flipped in the vassal module.    Anyway - it looks amazing always loved the look of PG Maps and on vassal they look even better!   Thought my collection was going to gather dust but now it looks like I will get some play!
02-10-2020, 12:44 PM,
Hi Tmo.

With PG games, the map layouts change scenario to scenario. Generally the scenario setup will tell you which corner of your map should have the map ID number.

Relative to you, up is always north. Hope that helps.

If it's still unclear, please post over in the Vassal forum. Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-10-2020, 12:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 12:53 PM by Tmo.)
Shad,

Disregard - I didn't see the option to flip the map the first time in the module.   All good and looks great!
02-10-2020, 12:52 PM,
If you are going with a self study route, sign up and send the logfiles of the games. We'll review them. I actually like that path better, takes less time.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-10-2020, 12:52 PM,
(02-10-2020, 12:49 PM)Tmo Wrote: Shad,

I'm just saying the demo scenario brief has the map in a different orientation then what it is in the vassal module.   I'm tracking North is up but the map is not rotated to  the orientation it is listed in the scenario briefing.  Module just needs the map rotated like is available in the Elsenborn Standalone Module.   So whomever created that module just needs to rotate the map and it is good.

ok, gotcha!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-10-2020, 12:55 PM,
There should be a check box which allows you to flip the map. If not, I'll put it on my maintenance list.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-10-2020, 11:32 PM,
Gosh, impressing.
I bow to you all!

Ottavio
02-12-2020, 01:07 AM,
The plot thickens. No Saipan, Marianas, Pusan or Counter-Attack! I see how you guys are. Kidding, nice list of Vassal games.
02-12-2020, 01:13 AM,
There was considered decision to limit the project with 3rd Edition games and those games already playable with Vassal. Dr. Mike has expessed an interest in having support for newer games. Those will be coming as good counter graphics and map images become available.
J6A likes this post