Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press
02-10-2020, 07:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 07:59 AM by cjsiam.)
PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press
Ladies and Gentlemen, Behold!

Based on the work of Peter, Shad/Andrew and our friend Dan, and others---
I am so delighted to see this.....

Let the games Begin!    
This is BIG NEWS
02-10-2020, 08:00 AM,
RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press
I looked in the Vassal Section but cannot find modules for Desert Rats and Eastern Front which are two modules I own that I want to play vassal - are those available somewhere that I missed.   This is great news for PG fans for sure!
02-10-2020, 08:03 AM,
First, the players hub isn't going to be live until tomorrow. It may go live before then, but we were not expecting the announcement until mid-night.
Second, full library access with require passing the Vassal Academy. (Sounds weird, but that was the deal for getting this off the ground.)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-10-2020, 08:10 AM,
(02-10-2020, 08:00 AM)Tmo Wrote: I looked in the Vassal Section but cannot find modules for Desert Rats and Eastern Front which are two modules I own that I want to play vassal - are those available somewhere that I missed.   This is great news for PG fans for sure!

As Peter replied below----you get through the Academy and you have access to the full inventory of VASSAL Modules to play games with your friends.
To whet your appetite---here is the inventory of games---your's are in there Smile  
ALL HAIL PETER AND SHAD!

02-10-2020, 08:26 AM,
(02-10-2020, 08:00 AM)Tmo Wrote: I looked in the Vassal Section but cannot find modules for Desert Rats and Eastern Front which are two modules I own that I want to play vassal - are those available somewhere that I missed.   This is great news for PG fans for sure!

Hi Tmo, as Peter said above, Mike got a little ahead of us here. I'm throwing the doors open right now.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-10-2020, 08:58 AM,
Wow. I might actually have to relearn Vassal so I can finally play those huge AK scenarios I dont have room for. 

Nice work guys.
Shad likes this post
02-10-2020, 09:01 AM,
(02-10-2020, 08:58 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: Wow. I might actually have to relearn Vassal so I can finally play those huge AK scenarios I dont have room for. 

Nice work guys.

There are a team of people happy to help you with VASSAL and Uber ....

Would love to pick up your armor--- Smile --- let me know!
cjSmile
02-10-2020, 09:10 AM,
(02-10-2020, 08:58 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: Wow. I might actually have to relearn Vassal so I can finally play those huge AK scenarios I dont have room for. 

Nice work guys.

Exactly! I'm really excited to finally be able to play some Cassino!
joe_oppenheimer likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-10-2020, 12:08 PM,
Sounds great -- how do I sign up for the Academy?   I see a Vassal Academy page with nothing in it yet?
02-10-2020, 12:19 PM,
(02-10-2020, 12:08 PM)Tmo Wrote: Sounds great -- how do I sign up for the Academy?   I see a Vassal Academy page with nothing in it yet?

You should be able to go to VASSAL Player Hub > VASSAL Academy and then sign up to go through it with a Mentor, or with self study (read options)...

Understand -- this is day one, there might be a hiccup here or there Smile

A Mentor will respond and you'll go through the games...

GOOD LUCK!  I might see you across a game map!
cjSmile