Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG-HQ Needs YOU!
05-30-2019, 03:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 02:19 AM by saracv3.)
RE: PG-HQ Needs YOU!
Data + tools = info.

Of course you've gotta have
the right tools. And garbage in = garbage out.

I know right now that AOI needs attention. It is not listed in the ILS.

And just today I let my feelings be known about theBattle Game points concept as have been listed with. FitS. Evidently Robin is in charge here. I'm alll for it.

My problem is a weak computer system as well as physical in nature. But these will pass.

Craig Martin
(Currently AOI #2 on the table )
05-30-2019, 10:00 PM,
Craig, I am pretty sure Robin would agree that he isn't in charge, just in the lead. I am involved in a couple of PG projects. Drew just has too much outside work to keep up on site/tool improvements. I am quite appreciative of Robin's efforts to hold up the library side. I help as I can, but Robin has the lead.

The ILS does need a fair about of filling in. Not only does it need the AOI list, there are some smaller games that need attention, and then there is August 1914 and SoI. Lots of little places to help out.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-30-2019, 11:45 PM,
Ok gang. I've been out of the loop for a couple months since I started with a new client at work. Things are starting to achieve steady state so I am getting a little bit of time back for other pursuits.

I started looking at what was needed, and the easiest thing that I can do most effectively is to begin populating the ILS data for each source game and module. I own everything PG/IA/MW with the exception of the stuff that has yet to ship out, so I can definitely assist in this part of the available tasks.

I started with the very first game in the ILS list, Aachen 1944: Germany Invaded. I completed the ILS entries in just a few minutes but I found several discrepancies between what is included in the book, and what is noted in the data entry page. Now, I know Aachen 1944 has been superseded by the Invasion of Germany roll-up book, but for those who like to play the original games under new the newest rules, I thought it was important to address these older scenario books and give them the same attention as the latest and greatest available material.
There are discrepancies in scenarios 5,6,and 7... each has leaders that are missing in the data entry page, and scenario 9 is missing the entire US OOB (only the Germans get to pick leaders). Who can I discuss this with to update the page? I'd like to minimize traffic on this forum and just communicate any discrepancies that I find with an appropriate admin. Going forward I will work with this PoC directly to fix any issues I find where the scenario book and the ILS entry page for that module do not align.

Thank you,
~Lou
05-31-2019, 02:35 AM,
(05-30-2019, 11:45 PM)Coniglius Wrote: There are discrepancies in scenarios 5,6,and 7... each has leaders that are missing in the data entry page, and scenario 9 is missing the entire US OOB (only the Germans get to pick leaders).  Who can I discuss this with to update the page?  I'd like to minimize traffic on this forum and just communicate any discrepancies that I find with an appropriate admin. Going forward I will work with this PoC directly to fix any issues I find where the scenario book and the ILS entry page for that module do not align.

Thank you,
~Lou

Hi Lou,

Thanks for working on the ILS tool.  I've been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to do anything with it lately.  I think I've fixed scenarios 5, 6, 7 and 9.  As you find other discrepancies, you can post them in this thread and I will work on them (OOB updates are pretty quick and easy to do) or you can send me a private message (tab on gray tool bar just under search box above).

Robin
05-31-2019, 03:00 AM,
(05-31-2019, 02:35 AM)rerathbun Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 11:45 PM)Coniglius Wrote: There are discrepancies in scenarios 5,6,and 7... each has leaders that are missing in the data entry page, and scenario 9 is missing the entire US OOB (only the Germans get to pick leaders).  Who can I discuss this with to update the page?  I'd like to minimize traffic on this forum and just communicate any discrepancies that I find with an appropriate admin. Going forward I will work with this PoC directly to fix any issues I find where the scenario book and the ILS entry page for that module do not align.

Thank you,
~Lou

Hi Lou,

Thanks for working on the ILS tool.  I've been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to do anything with it lately.  I think I've fixed scenarios 5, 6, 7 and 9.  As you find other discrepancies, you can post them in this thread and I will work on them (OOB updates are pretty quick and easy to do) or you can send me a private message (tab on gray tool bar just under search box above).

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thank you for jumping in as PoC for this endeavor. Moving on in alphabetical order, Afrika Korps scenario 3 has no Italian leaders (it only displays the Australian leaders for selection). I will keep chugging along and ping you periodically when I have a laundry list of corrections to be made, so as to not waste your time with piddly onesy-twosies.  
05-31-2019, 03:16 AM,
AfKo003 - Fixafied
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-31-2019, 03:28 AM,
(05-31-2019, 03:16 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: AfKo003 - Fixafied

As is Aachen 1944... continuing on with Afrika Korps now
05-31-2019, 04:37 AM,
I also added some notes about formation correction to AfKo 3 & 4. (Geeks do stuff like that.)
06-01-2019, 04:40 AM,
Afrika Korps and the original Airborne are now done. I found a few issues with scenarios in Airborne, but I'm going to finish Airborne I.E. and Airborne Remastered first, and then I will send a consolidated list of issues as I suspect the issue might be the same across all three modules.
06-01-2019, 04:51 AM,
You are going to have an issue with Airborne:IE, scenarios 18 & 19. More leaders are needed those than there are in the counter mix.