Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG-HQ Needs YOU!
03-14-2019, 11:24 AM,
PG-HQ Needs YOU!
PG-HQ is managed by a small team of dedicated volunteers.

We don't get paid. We don't get free games from AP. And if we're doing our jobs properly you never even notice us.

Unfortunately, some of our long-time volunteers have had to step away due to other commitments and we've fallen behind on data entry and maintenance.

For the first time in our history, I'm putting out a general recruiting call for new "Librarians."

General Guidelines
  • Librarians own most if not all related games. Nowadays we need people who are buying the newer titles.
  • Librarians are sticklers for detail.
  • Librarians don't mind typing... a lot.
That's pretty much it, actually.

If you'd like to help out, or if you have questions, please post in this thread. I or one of our existing Librarians will be here to assist.

Thank you!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-14-2019, 11:54 AM,
RE: PG-HQ Needs YOU!
(03-14-2019, 11:24 AM)Shad Wrote: PG-HQ is managed by a small team of dedicated volunteers.

We don't get paid. We don't get free games from AP. And if we're doing our jobs properly you never even notice us.

Unfortunately, some of our long-time volunteers have had to step away due to other commitments and we've fallen behind on data entry and maintenance.

For the first time in our history, I'm putting out a general recruiting call for new "Librarians."

General Guidelines
  • Librarians own most if not all related games. Nowadays we need people who are buying the newer titles.
  • Librarians are sticklers for detail.
  • Librarians don't mind typing... a lot.
That's pretty much it, actually.

If you'd like to help out, or if you have questions, please post in this thread. I or one of our existing Librarians will be here to assist.

Thank you!

This is well worth some time....You guys have created something remarkable...
I'd be happy to help.
What can I do?
cjSmile
03-15-2019, 01:41 AM,
What is in the agenda is unit/leader entries for Infantry Attacks & PG Modern, and a few more more for normal PG. This will include creating some top-level formations. We need some graphics too, better than 128px square is good. After that, scenario entry for Mouse that Roared, August 1914, Sword of Israel, Intervention, Africa Orientale Italiana, and Road to Dunkirk.

Scenario formations are way behind too. They need some catching up.

Drew tells me that wire diagrams are coming back some day. Someone might want to think about that too.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-15-2019, 05:22 AM,
(03-15-2019, 01:41 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: What is in the agenda is unit/leader entries for Infantry Attacks & PG Modern, and a few more more for normal PG. This will include creating some top-level formations. We need some graphics too, better than 128px square is good. After that, scenario entry for Mouse that Roared, August 1914, Sword of Israel, Intervention, Africa Orientale Italiana, and Road to Dunkirk.

Scenario formations are way behind too. They need some catching up.

Drew tells me that wire diagrams are coming back some day. Someone might want to think about that too.

OK....
I don't have any of the above games....But, I've decided to "bite the bullet" on Dunkirk....(will work with my Fall of France and campaign ideas)

I'm quite interested in the wire diagrams and building up the organizational chart stuff...
What 128px Graphics are you talking about above?

When you say scenario formations are you talking about the "overview" unit lists in the scenario sections?  I could review any
for any of the games I have....?? FiTS, AFK, DR, FoF, EFDx

Idle hands are the devil's play things.....
03-15-2019, 06:28 AM,
(03-15-2019, 05:22 AM)cjsiam Wrote: I'm quite interested in the wire diagrams and building up the organizational chart stuff...
That would be making images like this:
[Image: ParaInf%20Batt.png]
Right now it is rather low priority as there are more urgent library elements that need attention. I make my diagrams with Libre Office draw. Basically an ongoing project. At the moment there is nowhere to put them. Someday they will be back. Perhaps even with library links.
(03-15-2019, 05:22 AM)cjsiam Wrote: What 128px Graphics are you talking about above?
The images in the unit libraries are 128px square. To get the nicest look, start with something that size ore larger. Most of the unit images are made from countersheet cans of at least 300dpi. Then use a graphics editor/viewer to copy ot parts and upload them. I use IrfanView for that.

(03-15-2019, 05:22 AM)cjsiam Wrote: When you say scenario formations are you talking about the "overview" unit lists in the scenario sections?  I could review any
for any of the games I have....?? FiTS, AFK, DR, FoF, EFDx
It is the section for Formations Involved. Like in this West Wall scenario. Unit graphics are desired, but not necessary. I am not sure what the condition is for data entry in this part of the library.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-15-2019, 08:21 AM,
@cjsiam, our Librarians have access to a tool-set on the site that allows them to create, modify, destroy Library items. Everything you see in our Library was input by someone.

Peter is our formation guru, Robin has done huge work on unit images in the past, and they + a fair few other people have all done basic game/map/scenario entry.

It will be hard to contribute if you don't own the titles we need to enter at present. That's not an incitement to run out and purchase anything, it's just the reality of the situation.

In a perfect world AP would send one gratis copy of everything to PG-HQ to help us get stuff promptly loaded in, but... Rolleyes
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-15-2019, 08:49 AM,
(03-15-2019, 08:21 AM)Shad Wrote: @cjsiam, our Librarians have access to a tool-set on the site that allows them to create, modify, destroy Library items. Everything you see in our Library was input by someone.

Peter is our formation guru, Robin has done huge work on unit images in the past, and they + a fair few other people have all done basic game/map/scenario entry.

It will be hard to contribute if you don't own the titles we need to enter at present. That's not an incitement to run out and purchase anything, it's just the reality of the situation.

In a perfect world AP would send one gratis copy of everything to PG-HQ to help us get stuff promptly loaded in, but... Rolleyes

Understand.... I'm computer savvy and have lots of materials---my games are listed--- buying Dunkirk today---I've saved my schekles and wanted it anyway.
Fall of France is also of interest---early war is more my thing.

Happy to help --- point me and we'll figure out what makes sense.

I'm trying to assist peter with some of his "off-topic" work as well...grooming me to create OOBs and such.
I have access to computers, scanners, etc...and work with Inkscape already---and other tools...

Point me!
03-15-2019, 09:27 AM,
(03-15-2019, 08:21 AM)Shad Wrote: Peter is our formation guru,

Angry  The title is Non-commissioned G2 Officer!

Seriously though, formations FitS and Armata Romamania still need to entered. When Dunkirk and AOI are up, they will need the same.
03-15-2019, 09:36 AM,
I have the following games on the shelf - happy to help as well - not sure what I would need to do but open to delegation / direction.
Could work together with cjsiam on these if I have to - But he and I have a Kinda History if you know what I mean...

Fire in the Steppes.
Road to Dunkirk.
Armata Romana.
Africa Orientale Italiana.
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
03-15-2019, 09:45 AM,
Saw this over at the ConSim forum....and I think this is something valuable that could be put onto this website:

Thierry Seguy - Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am (#30349 Total: 30350)  

[Image: ?30@@2]
terrain chart with terrain pictures for Panzer grenadier serie.

Is there somewhere a terrain chart with terrain pictures? How can I know if a hex is light woods, woods or heavy woods? Or town or village? For example in Invasion 1944 game, there is nothing in the rules about the wooded hexes. Are there light woods, woods or heavy woods? There is allthing in the 4th edition terrain chart but no terrain pictures to recognise them on the different maps of the serie. Thank you very much.

I would think a matrix of Terrain with row of snapshots of hexes with some called out ....
Might take a while, and need help from those who have other games---but...think I have most of the bits...
the Draw tool identified that does the line graphs might do the trick.