Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG-HQ Needs YOU!
03-15-2019, 09:46 AM,
RE: PG-HQ Needs YOU!
(03-15-2019, 09:36 AM)Dan Storm Wrote: I have the following games on the shelf - happy to help as well - not sure what I would need to do but open to delegation / direction.
Could work together with cjsiam on these if I have to - But he and I have a Kinda History if you know what I mean...

Fire in the Steppes.
Road to Dunkirk.
Armata Romana.
Africa Orientale Italiana.

Not to worry, I'll continue to be gentle with you......

Tongue
03-15-2019, 11:58 AM,
Formations...what needs to be done
I'm not sure I understand all the intricacies but, for example in FitS Scenario 1....Austrians vs. Russians...
there is no link to the Russian infantry...though they are in the inventory...

Editing this kind of thing and making the links work--this is what we're talking about?

Given access and a few minutes of someone doing website pointers to your upload sites...I can do this...
I used to build and run them ...

So--clearly--going through FitS and making sure all the unit formations are linked, where they exist or created where they do not....
This, I can do...

Can someone give me a short tutorial on updating the site and stuff? or how would you care to handle it?

Smile 
03-15-2019, 12:48 PM,
(03-15-2019, 11:58 AM)cjsiam Wrote: I'm not sure I understand all the intricacies but, for example in FitS Scenario 1....Austrians vs. Russians...

Editing this kind of thing and making the links work--this is what we're talking about?

No, nothing so involved. Code problems go to Drew. All of our part is pull-downs, check boxes, and text. A bit of research when it comes to formations.

Referring to your FitS 1, the reference to the Soviet 87th Rifle Division is missing. So you would find the the 87th in the formation list, create it, if it isn't there. The assign it to the FitS 1. You need to watch out with the Soviets, because the 87th was destroyed, then rebuilt, became the 13th Guards Rifle Division, and another division raised, which later became the 12th Independent Rifle Brigade. So, considering the lineage, I would say this is the 13th Guards Rifle Division. The 13th Guards would have the 87th Rifle as an alternate name until Jan 18, 1942. Such a tangle.

BtW: I tried the link, it works.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-15-2019, 09:22 PM,
(03-15-2019, 09:45 AM)cjsiam Wrote: Saw this over at the ConSim forum....and I think this is something valuable that could be put onto this website:

Thierry Seguy - Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am (#30349 Total: 30350)  

[Image: ?30@@2]
terrain chart with terrain pictures for Panzer grenadier serie.

Is there somewhere a terrain chart with terrain pictures? How can I know if a hex is light woods, woods or heavy woods? Or town or village? For example in Invasion 1944 game, there is nothing in the rules about the wooded hexes. Are there light woods, woods or heavy woods? There is allthing in the 4th edition terrain chart but no terrain pictures to recognise them on the different maps of the serie. Thank you very much.

I would think a matrix of Terrain with row of snapshots of hexes with some called out ....
Might take a while, and need help from those who have other games---but...think I have most of the bits...
the Draw tool identified that does the line graphs might do the trick.

I've begun and not finished work on just such a thing about a dozen times over the years. One of these days...
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-17-2019, 06:57 AM,
Happy to help with data entry - I'm good for FitS, Land Battleships, AOI, and Dunkirk.
03-18-2019, 02:38 AM,
(03-15-2019, 12:48 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 11:58 AM)cjsiam Wrote: I'm not sure I understand all the intricacies but, for example in FitS Scenario 1....Austrians vs. Russians...

No, nothing so involved. Code problems go to Drew. All of our part is pull-downs, check boxes, and text. A bit of research when it comes to formations.

Referring to your FitS 1, the reference to the Soviet 87th Rifle Division is missing. So you would find the the 87th in the formation list, create it, if it isn't there. The assign it to the FitS 1. You need to watch out with the Soviets, because the 87th was destroyed, then rebuilt, became the 13th Guards Rifle Division, and another division raised, which later became the 12th Independent Rifle Brigade. So, considering the lineage, I would say this is the 13th Guards Rifle Division. The 13th Guards would have the 87th Rifle as an alternate name until Jan 18, 1942. Such a tangle.

BtW: I tried the link, it works.

yes, there is definitely an entry in the formations area for the 87th...and it's history there includes it's inclusion in this scenario...
but as you observe it's not linked in the scenario page----- You say"then assign it to the FitS 1"....how to do that? that's going to require
either some access to the HTML, or the code that creates the page, or something---it's clearly not obvious as a cruiser of the site how I could
do that without more knowledge/access/tools, right?  

I'd be happy to spend some of my traveling nights working on getting FitS up-to-snuff....(keeps me out of trouble...)...but I need to know a little
more about how to effect changes on the site, the methods preferred, etc, what tools....
So---how to get there?
03-18-2019, 07:42 AM,
cjsiam, you don't have access to the data management tools yet. When you do you'll get a new tab in My PG-HQ will all the goodies.
03-18-2019, 09:12 AM,
Also I need to finish up a few tool upgrades before we bring new people onboard.
03-18-2019, 10:36 AM,
(03-18-2019, 09:12 AM)Shad Wrote: Also I need to finish up a few tool upgrades before we bring new people onboard.

GREAT!  Let me know when I can start to help and point me....
I'm doing travel for next couple weeks and couple hours doing this would 
  help keep me out of trouble.....I'm creative, so the sooner I have a worthwhile task, the safer Smile
thanks!
05-06-2019, 10:30 AM,
Can't Wait!