Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Epsom Campaign
06-07-2018, 07:04 AM,
RE: Operation Epsom Campaign
I finally managed to put up some new stuff, the campaign is progressing.
06-11-2018, 11:32 PM,
I saw your paper . Very entertaining.
Keep up the good work.
06-12-2018, 02:23 AM,
So, 4 of us are going to be playing this campaign at CSW Expo in 2 weeks. Reading these reports helps heighten the anticipation.
06-12-2018, 03:09 AM,
(06-12-2018, 02:23 AM)J6A Wrote: So, 4 of us are going to be playing this campaign at CSW Expo in 2 weeks.  Reading these reports helps heighten the anticipation.

Nice, have fun! Do some sort of write up on how it went, even if it's not a battle by battle AR like this one is. 
06-15-2018, 11:28 PM,
(06-12-2018, 02:23 AM)J6A Wrote: So, 4 of us are going to be playing this campaign at CSW Expo in 2 weeks.  Reading these reports helps heighten the anticipation.

Good stuff! I hope you'll enjoy the campaign as much as we do, unfortunately I don't wan't to share the British battle plan and staff work for your British team as we still have a day to go, and our Jerries are listening. Wink
06-16-2018, 01:43 AM,
Actually, it looks lije we're not doing the entire campaign. Just one (or both) of the big Operation Epsom and Jupiter scenarios.
06-24-2018, 02:24 AM,
Again an update, we finished the fourth day (and night), and reports are coming up little by little.
06-28-2018, 12:33 AM,
We're 5 turns into scenario 3 after a day at CSW Expo. I am impressed that you guys are moving at a solid pace. And people watching the game (despite the ugly maps) are getting interested in the system.
06-28-2018, 02:15 AM,
(06-28-2018, 12:33 AM)J6A Wrote: We're 5 turns into scenario 3 after a day at CSW Expo.   I am impressed that you guys are moving at a solid pace.  And people watching the game (despite the ugly maps) are getting interested in the system.

The campaign games are actually considerably smaller than the monsters of the BN. On the British side, most of our assault have been made by a battlegroup of an infantry battalion and a tank battalion, which is equivalent of medium sized PG scenario. Of cource that's a tactical/operational decision, we have noticed that more units would be way harder to use effectively, leaving them hindered by the Fog of War rolls and lack of artillery support. 

Speaking of pace, Night 4 is now up in the blog. You have to wait for the grand finale as we lost out club room, and are currently not sure where to play the final day. But arrangements for the game are ongoing, hopefully you'll see how this madness ends up before the end of August. I might put up some planning and decision making process articles while we wait for the battle.

And in Q4 it's hopefully time for the beautiful slopes of Monte Cassino...
09-09-2018, 10:38 PM,
The campaign is finally finished, the blog update is coming up later. It was quite an experience, even thought the final day was pretty uneventful. But stay tuned for AAR and analysis!