Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Armata Romana
12-28-2019, 02:18 PM,
RE: Armata Romana
TECHNICALLY SPEAKING -  Yes.

You are GTG.

EFD contains the same maps and counters as BOTH Fire in The Steppes and Armata Romana - 
BUT-
FITS and AR are meant to be played with Version 4 rules.
FITS has all Brand New Awesome Art Work Maps with more precise terrain artwork to avoid confusion about blocked LOS and such.
Mmookk61 likes this post
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
12-29-2019, 02:00 PM,
(12-28-2019, 11:48 AM)Mmookk61 Wrote: If I can summarize and then slightly twist this thread to ask a different question: I own Eastern Front Deluxe.  I want to get Armata Romana(AR).  Will the scenarios from AR have everything they need, pertaining to counters and maps, from EFD?  This is my first night using the forums so hopefully I haven't missed the thread that says "Geez, Mmookk!  Why didn't you read forum thread XXXX first?"

Just for a heads-up, you are likely to find AR quite redundant, if you have EFD. You already have most of AR's scenarios. Many were taken verbatim from EFD.
Mmookk61 likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-29-2019, 02:49 PM,
(12-29-2019, 02:00 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 11:48 AM)Mmookk61 Wrote: If I can summarize and then slightly twist this thread to ask a different question: I own Eastern Front Deluxe.  I want to get Armata Romana(AR).  Will the scenarios from AR have everything they need, pertaining to counters and maps, from EFD?  This is my first night using the forums so hopefully I haven't missed the thread that says "Geez, Mmookk!  Why didn't you read forum thread XXXX first?"

Just for a heads-up, you are likely to find AR quite redundant, if you have EFD. You already have most of AR's scenarios. Many were taken verbatim from EFD.

Agreed.  I haven't played any of the EFD ones yet so I may just play those and then set my sights on getting White eagles next.
12-30-2019, 12:36 AM,
I can neither encourage nor dissuade the purchase of White Eagles at this point. If you fill out your profile, particularly the library portion, I might have a better opinion. There is also a project which be of benefit too, should we get it launched.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-30-2019, 02:51 AM,
Hmmm, I thought I had check marked all the games I owned.  Can others then see what games I own/have checked?  Maybe there is a button or switch to make it public.  I will check it here shortly.  Thank you.
12-30-2019, 03:47 AM,
I found your profile. I'm not sure why I couldn't find it before. Anyway, White Eagles would be a good next step.