Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Armata Romana
04-22-2018, 02:07 AM,
Armata Romana
So, here: http://www.avalanchepress.com/gameArmataRomana.php

Obvious question: are these scenarios essentially the Romanian ones from Eastern Front Deluxe (possibly reworked); something new altogether; some combination of the two?
04-22-2018, 05:24 AM,
RE: Armata Romana
Both...the original scenarios and new ones.
04-22-2018, 07:04 AM,
As the FitS counters were straight out of EFDx, I expect these are too. Watch for these:
  • The IAR-80 without an image. (This was addressed by a Daily Content article a long time ago.)
  • JRS79 with the Italian markings. (from Afrika Korps)
  • 37mm AT guns have no limbered movement. (Everyone else's is 1.)
  • 60mm mortar has an unlimbered movement of 1, and a limbered movement of 4. (There is no explanation, but the image suggests it may be some sort of horse mortar. That means either wrong symbol and/or wrong movement values.)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-22-2018, 08:14 AM,
(04-22-2018, 07:04 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: As the FitS counters were straight out of EFDx, I expect these are too.

They are the counters from EFDx.  I visited the magic factory last week and saw stacks of them.  Don't know about the scenarios, but I believe they will be mostly (if not all) new.
04-23-2018, 08:12 PM,
The scenarios are redone but are not new. There are maybe four or five that have not had changes. Lots of OOB and victory condition changes to rebalance the scenarios
No "minor" country left behind...
04-25-2018, 10:11 PM,
That being the case, I'm sensing that Armata Romana (even more so than Fire in the Steppe) is aimed at players new to the system who do not already own Eastern Front. Or really old players who have the original Eastern Front (Panzer Grenadier) and never bought EFDx.
04-25-2018, 11:21 PM,
The discussion about fourteen maps is silly because Fall of Empire needs only six. Avalanche does not have to release the products jointly nor they were planning at any point as far as I know.
04-26-2018, 05:23 AM,
(04-23-2018, 08:12 PM)Matt W Wrote:  Lots of OOB and victory condition changes to rebalance the scenarios

Interesting.  

So do you mean to say: (i) OOB's were modified based on more thorough research and (ii) that VC's had to be changed in accord to maintain play balance or, rather, to suggest that the OOB's (and VC's) were changed (perhaps to an a-historical list) in order to attain play balance?  

Dog wags tail or tail wags dog?  I'm just curious.
04-26-2018, 11:30 AM,
Most of the changes were to provide engineers for river crossing scenarios and to improve the leader to unit rations (i.e. adding leaders). While the changes could seem superficial I found that they gave a noticeable bump to the forces on both sides. They provide for a pace of action that more closely reflects that which is in the accounts of the battles. I have to depend on Mike B for a lot of the research as there is little in English (one ridiculously expensive book on Ebay), whereas Mike can read primary sources.

The victory conditions were changed on the basis of solo play, ftf play and PG-HQ ratings. Often the existing victory conditions led to highly unbalanced scenarios.

There are also battle games added including some that provide the effects of winning earlier battle games.
No "minor" country left behind...
12-28-2019, 11:48 AM,
If I can summarize and then slightly twist this thread to ask a different question: I own Eastern Front Deluxe.  I want to get Armata Romana(AR).  Will the scenarios from AR have everything they need, pertaining to counters and maps, from EFD?  This is my first night using the forums so hopefully I haven't missed the thread that says "Geez, Mmookk!  Why didn't you read forum thread XXXX first?"