Poll: Which rules/interpretations apply?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Guadalcanal and 4th Ed. TEC (-1 DF)
55.56%
5 55.56%
4th Ed. chart modifier is correct (-2 DF)
0%
0 0%
No leadership into or out of a jungle hex. (Guadalcanal)
33.33%
3 33.33%
Leader communication into, but not out of a jungle hex. (Implied 4th Ed. TEC rule)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Jungle hell, or just hellish?
03-24-2018, 12:31 AM,
Jungle hell, or just hellish?
Jungles in PG began with Guadalcanal, persisted through Jungle Fighting, Saipan, and Marianas.

Guadalcanal effects are: Spotting 1 hex, -1 direct and indirect fire against the hex or if assaulted. First Fire when assaulted. A leader can affect units in a jungle hex only if he is in the same jungle hex with them. Units in a jungle hex without a leader are leaderless for all purposes.

4th Ed. TEC says: Spotting 1 hex, -1 DF, -1 BF, -1 Assault, First Fire, Disorientation. Leaders only affect units in the same hex.

4th Ed. Charts has these modifiers: -2 Direct fire, -1 Bombardment fire, -1 Assault.

2 questions. Should the DF modifier be -1 or -2? Does the rather subtle change between Guadalcanal mean that leaders in an non-jungle hex, may affect units/leaders in an adjacent jungle hex?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-24-2018, 02:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2018, 02:47 AM by Hugmenot.)
RE: Jungle hell, or just hellish?
This first question was discussed by Matt, Mike and I internally in October 2015 and I thought we issued the following errata as part of The Kokoda Trail.

Errata: Direct Fire targeted at jungle hexes suffer a -1 column modifier (as per the TEC), not -2 column modifier as listed on the Direct Fire table.
06-29-2018, 04:01 AM,
RE: Jungle hell, or just hellish?
Considering that this was settled 3 months ago, I should have uploaded this a while back. Blush

Attached Files
.pdf   PG4E_Direct (corrected).pdf (Size: 61.58 KB / Downloads: 27)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking