Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiana
03-17-2018, 06:44 AM,
RE: Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiano
Yeah, since I already own Conquest of Ethiopia, Desert Rats, and South Africa I can't really justify buying this (even w the 30% Gold Club discount).
03-17-2018, 10:18 AM,
(03-17-2018, 06:44 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: Yeah, since I already own Conquest of Ethiopia, Desert Rats, and South Africa I can't really justify buying this (even w the 30% Gold Club discount).

I'm in the same boat, Joe. Too steep for me to justify at present.

Peace. Michael
03-17-2018, 03:41 PM,
(03-16-2018, 11:07 PM)Shad Wrote: Old counters + old maps + 30 scenarios = $90? Dodgy

I Kinda Sorta Felt The Same Way About Fire in The Steppe.
Eastern Front Maps. (Revamped).
Eastern Front Counters. (Not So Revamped).
42 New Scenarios - And Battle Games - And Solitaire Thingy.

If You Own Eastern Front - And You Buy FITS - You are paying $89 for 42 New Scenarios and new maps.
I have come to terms and accept that as OK.
I Get new maps.
I get 42 New Scenarios. (I bought a few scenario books that come out to a buck or 2 bucks per scenario.)
I Get Solitaire Details.
I Give APL some spending cash.

Daniel
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
03-18-2018, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2018, 12:15 AM by JayTownsend.)
You can always sell old copies/doubles off. I have been debating whether to sell Eastern Front, since I have Fire in the Steppe. Same thing with Beyond Normandy, since I have Liberation. And same with a few other supplements that repeat.
03-18-2018, 01:17 AM,
If I did that I would probably photocopy or scan to pdf the original scenario books before I sold them.
03-28-2018, 05:31 AM,
I have almost $500 worth of preorders with APL, many of which date back almost two years. While I think that Dr. Mike does some great games, there comes a point where one has to stop subsidizing without any tangible return. AOI was very tempting, but not until he gets caught up on some of the promised stuff that has yet to be delivered.
03-30-2018, 04:28 AM,
I'm kind of in that boat, too. I'm stretched a bit thin now, and between APL (and Kickstarter) have probably $1,000 or more in preorders out there, and lord knows when I'll get the time to play all of them. So, maybe I take a pass this time.

Maybe...
03-30-2018, 06:02 AM,
I hear you. I'm in for a couple of Kickstarters right now for almost as much as APL already has of mine. It's good to "support the arts", but eventually there needs to be some return. However, Kickstarters, even though generally late, usually deliver within a year...or in the case of a couple that I've gotten burned on over the years, not at all.
03-31-2018, 01:22 AM,
Same here.... several items on back order with AP, and a couple Kickstarters in the ether. I did have a good experience with the Conan Kickstarter. It did deliver late, but it was well worth the wait. I just got my pledge manager notification for the Game of Thrones Kickstarter, so that one should be right around the corner. My kids want me to go all in on the Batman Kickstarter, which actually looks really cool (another Monolith production, in the same format as Conan). Too many $$$ floating around out there, helping others to keep the lights on, and nothing arriving in the mail. Very frustrating....
04-01-2018, 03:39 AM,
I broke down and bought it along with pragmatic sanction. I am little bit ashamed because I feel like I am reinforcing a method of marketing I don't want him to continue.