Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiana
03-15-2018, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 04:03 PM by Dan Storm.)
Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiana
Anyone Hear Of This One Before Today?

In The Daily Content...

http://www.avalanchepress.com/gameOrientale.php

In January 1941, British Empire forces began a two-pronged invasion of Italian East Africa, the fascist-ruled colonies on the Horn of Africa. Britain had known only defeat up until this moment, but after a grueling 11-month campaign the Empire had its first victory.

Africa Orientale Italiana is a complete Panzer Grenadier game based on these battles: the Italian conquest of Somaliland and British re-conquest, the campaign in Eritrea including the bloody Battle of Keren, the South Africa invasion of Somaliland and much more. There are 30 scenarios based on these battles, organized into “battle games” that allow you to play the scenarios in sequence toward your army’s operational goals.

Africa Orientale Italiana includes 583 playing pieces, most of which originally appeared in our old out-of-print Desert Rats game and South Africa’s War supplement. 
There are eight heavy cardstock maps, the same as those which appear in Conquest of Ethiopia.

Stuff Included:
• 583 playing pieces
• Eight rigid cardstock maps
• Thirty scenarios

Stock Code: APL0335

Price: $89.99
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
03-15-2018, 01:00 PM,
RE: Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiano
Only when it was my idea.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-15-2018, 02:25 PM,
Interesting piece of recycling. Conquest Ethiopia Maps, Desert Rats and South Africa's war counters and scenarios adapted to the Conquest of Ethiopia Maps.
03-15-2018, 02:30 PM,
Have order both Africa Orientale Italiano and Conquest of Ethiopia, for the Panzer Grenadier challenge. Hope enough orders get in for Alaska 1943.
03-15-2018, 02:30 PM,
I went ahead and ordered Africa Orientale Italiano, as it is 30% off with the Gold Club early order discount and I want the free copy of Alaska 1943 with new counters more than anything.

I already own Conquest and have the new counters for it on order.
03-15-2018, 02:36 PM,
(03-15-2018, 02:30 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: I went ahead and ordered Africa Orientale Italiano, as it is 30% off with the Gold Club early order discount and I want the free copy of Alaska 1943 with new counters more than anything.

On Alaska 1943,  I'm interested in the Tundra Maps.  Big Grin
03-16-2018, 12:02 AM,
(03-15-2018, 02:36 PM)dirk Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 02:30 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: I went ahead and ordered Africa Orientale Italiano, as it is 30% off with the Gold Club early order discount and I want the free copy of Alaska 1943 with new counters more than anything.

On Alaska 1943,  I'm interested in the Tundra Maps.  Big Grin

Yeah, the Tundra Maps should be interesting! I want them as well. 
03-16-2018, 12:56 AM,

I am in the precise situation that you are, so only ordered AOI, but it doesn't like one gets anything free unless both games are ordered? Or do you think AP will count the pre-order for CoE pieces as a full game order?
03-16-2018, 01:18 AM,
As far I know, Conquest of Ethiopia was only available direct from Avalanche Press and thus, assuming you did not purchase your copy on the secondary markets, they are already able to determine that you own CoE.

What they will do with that information in regards to Alaska 1943, I do not know.
03-16-2018, 01:23 AM,
BTW
Africa Orientale Italiana not Italiano