Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AaD Shipping Thread
04-08-2015, 02:28 AM,
RE: AaD Shipping Thread
I keep checking my email! I'm only waiting for AaD as everything else I ordered at the time has already been shipped.
04-08-2015, 02:31 AM,
(04-08-2015, 01:52 AM)larry marak Wrote: The Moroccans, Desert Rats, and GD 43 countersheets were free items if you bought 2, 3, or 4 of the Year of PG game offering, which included Burning Tigers, Pusan Perimeter, An Army at Dawn, and Conquest of Ethiopia. You could only receive these if you placed and early order during the early order period, so the offer is now closed.

The next such promotion, for Lawrence, Broken Axis, Counterattack, and Fall of Empires, included a division for I.A., plus the U.S. spearhead division and GD 44. This offer is also now closed.

These divisional countersheets are quite costly, as evinced by the price for the digital download sheets now on sale..$30 bucks for a single sheet, up to 60 for the Moscow division which requires 3 sheets! Mike has indicated that this kind of promotion for new releases will be dialed back, by which I figure he was giving away a little too much in exchange for the venture capital we were laying out.

Geez Louise... I guess it's my own fault for waiting until now to get back into PG!!!
The laser cut counters are very nice, but I can't bring myself to invest in them as such. I would be thrilled to get my hands on a die cut set (hint hint... anyone who wants to sell me theirs if they are replacing them with laser cut) or even the original pdf downloads. I sent Mike an email asking about the pdf downloads and he replied that the artwork is no longer available on the server. I don't necessarily believe that, since we're talking a couple of pdf files, but I understand that he is in business to make money, and if that is his position, then so be it. I just won't pay that much money for special counters, regardless of how pretty they may be. If they are part of a game, that's one thing, but just to add a bit of aesthetic value is another thing altogether. Just not for me.
04-08-2015, 02:39 AM,
(04-08-2015, 01:57 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: My BBQ next Sunday for one. Did you get the Insider on last Sunday? 3 PG downloads, 1 SWWAS. If you have new games in multiple orders, make sure Dr. Mike knows the total.

I got an email on Sunday, but it was the same one that I received the previous Sunday (It had a graphic of CoE at the very top). Is that what you are referring to? I didn't see anything that had PG or SWWAS downloads...
04-08-2015, 02:41 AM,
Yeah, I'm not sure what downloads he's talking about either. Maybe he's getting special emails. Smile

PS, you have to share the BBQ!
04-08-2015, 03:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015, 03:18 AM by larry marak.)
The free downloads are located at the very bottom of the insider in red.

Go to your insider. Click on the download you want. Then press checkout. If you've ordered before their computer has you info. Within one minute an attachment witht he digital download will be in you mailbox. Just open and print :-). The cost is zero for g.c.ers. Its a good way to preview the Marshall's Fist, if you are considering ordering it.

The Black Sinister download gives you part of what will be in the printed version if you order it...Mike has added transport vehicles and other equipment to the printed version of the sheet.
04-08-2015, 03:19 AM,
Ohhhh, the ones at the bottom? They've been there for ages now. I thought it was something new. Smile

I've downloaded and printed off those though, of course, as soon as I was done hacking them apart with an exacto knife I found a rotary cutter at an estate sale for $15. Oh well... I'm sure I'll print off more counters at some point.
04-08-2015, 03:45 AM,
(04-08-2015, 03:19 AM)richvalle Wrote: Ohhhh, the ones at the bottom? They've been there for ages now. I thought it was something new. Smile

I've downloaded and printed off those though, of course, as soon as I was done hacking them apart with an exacto knife I found a rotary cutter at an estate sale for $15. Oh well... I'm sure I'll print off more counters at some point.

Yeah I found those as well. I too thought it was something different. Mike did send me a link to a previous download that I had asked about; The Infantry Attacks module for Pancho Villa. Now I can make my own.
04-08-2015, 03:51 AM,
I've been wanting to 3d-ify some PG maps for a while now. I was going to do Road to Berlin but now I think I'll do AaD. I think I have everything I need... other then the maps.
04-08-2015, 04:20 PM,
"The Black Sinister download gives you part of what will be in the printed version if you order it...Mike has added transport vehicles and other equipment to the printed version of the sheet"

I wonder if there are also the SS mountain division counters from Edelweiss, that would have been smart
04-09-2015, 12:31 AM,
For those of us awaiting the A at D and C of E bundle, Mike said today he figured shipping of Ethiopia would begin at the end of this month :-)