Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AaD Shipping Thread
04-07-2015, 11:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2015, 11:42 AM by Poor Yorek.)
AaD Shipping Thread
Seemed somewhat slow here recently, so thought this topic would pick up the post rate ... right? Huh
04-07-2015, 01:49 PM,
RE: AaD Shipping Thread
I've not received my shipping notice but I believe this is the situation for all of us who ordered Army at Dawn and Conquest of Ethiopia.

I just completed a 3 1/2 month project so I should be more active on these boards for a while!
04-07-2015, 10:19 PM,
(04-07-2015, 01:49 PM)Hugmenot Wrote: I've not received my shipping notice but I believe this is the situation for all of us who ordered Army at Dawn and Conquest of Ethiopia.

FWIW, I'm not one of those waiting also for CoE, but was curious since I've been seeing the "now shipping" for AaD for about a week (?), but no one here had yet indicated having received it.
04-07-2015, 11:53 PM,
Wow. Ask, and thou shalt receive:

Here are the details of your shipment:

includes DRat, GD43 (Marocain w/ Broken Axis)
04-08-2015, 12:05 AM,
Wow, I can hope I get one of those notices this week.
04-08-2015, 12:08 AM,
Don't we all.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-08-2015, 01:03 AM,
Probably in a month, for those of us with C of E bundled with it. Keep in mind the delay came with a reduced shipping charge.

We are now entering an era of custom divisional counters for our games. There are 2 already in circulation (Morrocans and Desert Rats) GD 43 is in the warehouse, and many more custom sets will be printed later this month. France 1940 is getting the most love, but an equal match-up would come from ordering 1st Panzer 1941 and the Moscow Rifle Division for use in EF and W& Peasants and Red Warriors.
04-08-2015, 01:21 AM,
(04-08-2015, 01:03 AM)larry marak Wrote: Probably in a month, for those of us with C of E bundled with it. Keep in mind the delay came with a reduced shipping charge.

We are now entering an era of custom divisional counters for our games. There are 2 already in circulation (Morrocans and Desert Rats) GD 43 is in the warehouse, and many more custom sets will be printed later this month. France 1940 is getting the most love, but an equal match-up would come from ordering 1st Panzer 1941 and the Moscow Rifle Division for use in EF and W& Peasants and Red Warriors.

How do I get my hands on the Morrocans and the Desert Rats? I haven't seen anything in the GC or the AP website. What else am I missing out on?
04-08-2015, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015, 02:34 AM by larry marak.)
The Moroccans, Desert Rats, and GD 43 countersheets were free items if you bought 2, 3, or 4 of the Year of PG game offering, which included Burning Tigers, Pusan Perimeter, An Army at Dawn, and Conquest of Ethiopia. You could only receive these if you placed and early order during the early order period, so the offer is now closed.

The next such promotion, for Lawrence, Broken Axis, Counterattack, and Fall of Empires, included two divisions for Fall of Empires (Russian Imperial Guard and Austro-Hungarian Edelweiss Division), plus the U.S. spearhead division and GD 44. This offer is also now closed.

These divisional countersheets are quite costly, as evinced by the price for the digital download sheets now on sale..$30 bucks for a single sheet, up to 60 for the Moscow division which requires 3 sheets! Mike has indicated that this kind of promotion for new releases will be dialed back, by which I figure he was giving away a little too much in exchange for the venture capital we were laying out.

The upside is, if you want to lay out more money, you can have vastly expanded counter manifests for some of your Avalanche games. My Fall of France game will have 412 additional unit counters for use in play.
04-08-2015, 01:57 AM,
My BBQ next Sunday for one. Did you get the Insider on last Sunday? 3 PG downloads, 1 SWWAS. If you have new games in multiple orders, make sure Dr. Mike knows the total.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking