Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate Supplements and Games
04-08-2014, 01:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 01:22 AM by larry marak.)
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games
Plloyd, if you could send me a copy of the PDF for Lions I'd appreciate it. Always good to see what the original version of scenarios and the original map choices were.

While so far there have been only a few redevelopment-reissues of PG games, I have kept them all. For that matter I have doubled up on many of the core games so I can put the materials I need for specific supplements, including maps, in one box, and I have bought "black silk boxes" from Avalanche when they were offered for this purpose.

With the number of map panels now available from PG, MPG, IA, and oneday ACWPG (it was announced some time ago as being under development) you can gain infinite variety in the SAME scenario by retaining the order of battle but giving the forces a different battlefield to maneuver on. That's the value of keeping, say, the first and second editions of Edelweis, identical orders of battle often meet over different map-panel selections.

Re: Saipan my understanding is the second coming of that game will only include 4th edition rules and charts, and mapboards very slightly revised.. specifically a few less palm trees and better contrast, hence the offer a while back for those of use who received unplayable boards to purchase the new brighter map set that expired March 26th.

Messages In This Thread
Duplicate Supplements and Games - by JayTownsend - 04-06-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by otto - 04-06-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by zaarin7 - 04-06-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by larry marak - 04-08-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by Hugmenot - 04-08-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Duplicate Supplements and Games - by Shad - 04-13-2014, 08:54 PM