Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
01-11-2024, 09:08 AM,
Hello!
Long time player, first time Vassal player.  I downloaded the Vassal app on my computer so now what?  How do you get/download the modules to show up in Vassal?  Thank you for your help in advance!
cochise75, sagunto, treadasaurusrex And 1 others like this post
01-11-2024, 12:06 PM,
RE: Hello!
Now you download stuff for playing PG. The system works on a base module called PG Über. PG Über uses several extensions to build a game.

First make a folder for keeping your Vassal modules. Then go to the Vassal Players Hub from the PG-HQ main page. There you will find the Vassal Data Files link. At the top of that page, you will see the Panzer Grenadier Über Base Module with a download link. Download the Panzer Grenadier Über Base Module into your Vassal module directory.

Also you will see some documentation links and and common extensions, mines and game charts in particular. Definitely download the minefield extension. It can be saved anywhere, just don't forget where, you are going to need it in a moment. The User's Guide and Counter Reference would be useful too. Those are regular PDF files. The user's guide has everything that I will be saying from here on.

Open Vassal. Click File, at the top, select Open Module from the drop-down menu. Now use the navigation window to go to where you saved the PG Über Base Module and select it. After it opens, close it. (Yeah, I know.) PG Über will now be in your games list. Right click on the entry, select Add Extension from the drop-down menu. Navigate to where you saved the minefield extension and select it. Vassal will create a sub-directory with the PG Über Base Module and put the minefields in there.

You can add more extensions to the PG Über extension directory. They will load when you open PG Über. So you may get a game package, preferably for a game you or your opponent already own. You can unzip the game package directly into your extensions directory Run PG Über and you have your game.

There are some stand alone game extensions. And if you are just fiddling with PG Über, there is the Mentoring extension.

Have fun.
wleonard1, treadasaurusrex, Juiceman And 3 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-11-2024, 12:19 PM,
Thank you!
01-13-2024, 08:11 AM,
I would be happy to play you on Vassal when you are ready to try shared, online PG play.
ACav, OldPueblo, chaco And 11 others like this post
01-13-2024, 08:14 AM,
I am sure that sagunto speaks for ALL of the Southeast Arizona Beer and Jolly Foils crew (SEABJFC).
PANISTA, CavDo, sagunto And 11 others like this post
01-14-2024, 10:22 AM,
(01-13-2024, 08:14 AM)chaco Wrote: I am sure that sagunto speaks for ALL of the Southeast Arizona Beer and Jolly Foils crew (SEABJFC).

As the northwest most member of Southeast Arizona Beer and Jolly Foils Would be happy to play sometime.
sagunto, chaco, Tubac52 And 11 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
01-14-2024, 12:21 PM,
Thank you all! I travel a lot for work so games would have to be at night. I wish I was in Arizona now instead of frozen Nebraska.
OldPueblo, Tankodactyl, Miguelibal And 10 others like this post
01-15-2024, 06:23 AM,
I'm in frozen Missouri and generally good for a Vassal game every now and then too
Sonora, sagunto, Tubac52 And 10 others like this post