Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Lloyd's Rules
08-06-2020, 08:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 12:48 PM by plloyd1010.)
Peter Lloyd's Rules
The Rules, Combat Charts, and the Terrain Effect Chart
For those interested in rational for individual points, there is a commented version of the rule book.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-06-2020, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2022, 03:28 AM by plloyd1010.)
Peter Lloyd's less verified rules
These are my house rules which we consider to be less solid in concept or proven in function than those used in my rules rewrite.

Tank Killing Artillery, addition to rule 9.4 and Bombardment CRT
    If there is an X or 2X result. Once requites steps have been removed, but before morale checks are taken, roll the number of 6-sided dice equal to the number of batteries firing times the X result. Each result of 6 causes one step loss to a randomly determined AFV in the hex. Then proceed with morale checks. Each AFV having taken a step loss as a result of the bombardment will have an M2 check.

I've always liked Jason Rahman's Tank Killer article, at least in concept, but always felt it ignored the saturation component of an AFV actually being hit by what is a randomly falling shell.

Vehicular Disrupted Movement, addition to rule 14.2
    Vehicles may use up to 1/2 their movement in moving away from enemies which can harm them while disrupted. If the vehicle is not entering a hex further from a harmful enemy in each hex moved, they are still limited to the one-hex disrupted movement rule.

Vehicles simply react differently to fire than personnel units. This creates a limited withdraw option for them, which is consistent with historical AARs, but not nessecarily contrary to the spirit of the game.

Double-blind Play, general addition to game play
    Ages ago, my primary opponent and I worked out a 2-player double-blind system, which has served us well over the years. You will need the rules and some markers. There is also a Double-blind Vassal extension to support it.
cjsiam and Duke Spartan like this post

Attached Files
.vmdx   Misc Double-blind v2p1.vmdx (Size: 67.06 KB / Downloads: 10)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking