Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall of France volumes 2 and 3
11-14-2014, 02:54 AM,
Fall of France volumes 2 and 3
Now that Mike's gone public, its time to bombard Philippe with questions. How long have BEF and Belgium been completed and on the back burner? What types of British armor and artillery will join the counter-types of PanzerGrenadier? And where are the Italians?
11-14-2014, 04:08 AM,
RE: Fall of France volumes 2 and 3
(11-14-2014, 02:54 AM)larry marak Wrote: How long have BEF and Belgium been completed and on the back burner? What types of British armor and artillery will join the counter-types of PanzerGrenadier? And where are the Italians?
Belgium was completed two years ago but it keeps changing with available maps and/or intended format of publication.
British OB : make a guess !
I've designed some French vs Italians scenarios but most of them make use of the desert paper maps to depict mountainous terrain (the Alp mountains). Need to rework all the stuff.
Nothing yet on Belgian colonial troops in Africa...(oh well, yes ... but for ASL...)

L'union fait la force.
11-14-2014, 04:52 AM,
Quote:British OB : make a guess !
Much like the AK British. Then add some 18/25 lbrs and Matilda I's. At least that's what I did.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-27-2014, 04:23 AM,
Quote:British OB : make a guess !
Much like the AK British. Then add some 18/25 lbrs and Matilda I's. At least that's what I did.
[/quote]
OK for these, of course. Anything else ?
BEF should add 8 new maps to the French ones.
11-27-2014, 05:58 AM,
(11-27-2014, 04:23 AM)leonard Wrote: OK for these, of course. Anything else ?
Well not for the British, unless you think the Mk III cruiser tank is significantly different from the the Mk IV cruiser, which appeared in Afrika Korps. Both were from the A13 project. The Mk IV might be a little faster, because it had a Christie suspension. There should be the addition of some Belgian & Dutch vehicles. German paratroops might be nice, not so much for Eben-Emael, but rather bridge capture interdiction missions the performed.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-27-2014, 08:21 AM,
(11-27-2014, 05:58 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(11-27-2014, 04:23 AM)leonard Wrote: OK for these, of course. Anything else ?
Well not for the British, unless you think the Mk III cruiser tank is significantly different from the the Mk IV cruiser, which appeared in Afrika Korps. Both were from the A13 project. The Mk IV might be a little faster, because it had a Christie suspension. There should be the addition of some Belgian & Dutch vehicles. German paratroops might be nice, not so much for Eben-Emael, but rather bridge capture interdiction missions the performed.
No, I'm pretty OK with cruisers style from AK : A9, A10 and A13 with some minor modifications. There's more room regarding the armored cars, the guns and the infantry.
No Dutch this time but some Belgians could already be present in BEF (!!) and German commandos too.
11-27-2014, 10:43 AM,
(11-27-2014, 08:21 AM)leonard Wrote: No, I'm pretty OK with cruisers style from AK : A9, A10 and A13 with some minor modifications. There's more room regarding the armored cars, the guns and the infantry.
No Dutch this time but some Belgians could already be present in BEF (!!) and German commandos too.
I wouldn't modify the values it is the same gun and the same sucky homogenous armor. The crew quality probably isn't as good. Most of the forward armor thinkers were sent to the Western Desert Force, so they wouldn't bother the more "practical" commanders. While I don't have any real solid info on British armored cars, it seems to be pretty much the Morris, Dingo & Guy. So far, only the Dingo has made an appearance (Waltzing Matilda), looking remarkably like a Humber Scout, and it wasn't the Daimler.
11-28-2014, 04:49 AM,
I wouldn't modify the values it is the same gun and the same sucky homogenous armor.
While I don't have any real solid info on British armored cars, it seems to be pretty much the Morris, Dingo & Guy.
[/quote]
Indeed, I won't modify these values, neither. Regarding British armored cars, it is not to say that they were such great designs but, at least, Dingos and Morris CS9 might be fun to play with... I haven't found any possible action with the Guy armored cars but the 12th Lancers' Morris were really ubiquitous and the new recon rules might render them even more useful.
11-28-2014, 08:19 AM,
The Guy ACs were mostly used by the RAF for airfield security with the No. 3 Air Mission. The Daimler Dingos are with the 4th Northumbrian Fusiliers & 10th Hussars. (I suspect you alrady know where most of the Dingos were.) If there is space, the Guys are mostly for people like me who don't always play the scenarios.
11-28-2014, 09:44 AM,
(11-28-2014, 08:19 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: If there is space, the Guys are mostly for people like me who don't always play the scenarios.

Oooh Peter, you are cheeky ! So from the above you are saying that when you don't play scenarios, you get your hands on the Guys? .... You're full of surprises Wink