Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
11-05-2013, 06:54 AM,
RE: 'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
(11-05-2013, 05:56 AM)nebelwurfer9 Wrote: I'ts kind of a pisser if you don't have the money to just buy up everything out there to complete one supplement. With the 'King's Officers' I only needed both 'Afrika Korps' and 'Desert Rats' to play 17 of the 18 scenarios so that was a good buy. With 'South Africa's War' I can now play 2 more of the scenarios than before with now having 'Eastern Front' but one scenario, just one, requires maps from 'Road to Berlin'.
I just don't have the money to buy up a lot of games to play a few scenarios from other supplements. I think if I buy 'Sinister Forces' I can play less than half of those, 14-15 scenarios with just owning 'Eastern Front' which is not that bad. If I bought 'Fronte Russo' I could play maybe 20 of those IF I own 'Sinister Forces' but other than that, I will likely just stick with one or two boxed sets a year. Luckily, I don't mind staying in one boxed set, period or theater at a time though sometimes I think if I see another desert hex I'll scream! ;-)

Check the Sinister Forces game page on PG-HQ. This has the requirements for all the games required. It look like if you have Eastern Front you cover most of the scenarios, 19 if my math is right. If you add BotB you get up to 28 scenarios.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets - by campsawyer - 11-05-2013, 06:54 AM