Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I missing something....
05-06-2017, 08:27 AM,
RE: Am I missing something....
(04-26-2017, 08:18 PM)Matt W Wrote: Mike,

With respect to Kokoda Campaign you should know that virtually every scenario has been reworked.  While the OOB is relatively unchanged the victory conditions and SSRs have been substantially altered to improve balance and, where necessary, improve historicity.

Invasion of Germany also included the scenarios from North of Elsenborn, the ones you note above.  Thus, all of the scenarios in Invasion of Germany had previously been released.

Matt,

Thanks for the quick response... I am in the process of PCSing (returning) to the states after a 4.5 year tour in Germany.  Haven't had much time to do more than monitor of late.  
         Understand completely why "constructive credit," for lack of a better term, doesn't completely apply for the Kokoda Trail and Kokoda Campaign.  It would be nice to get it for those scenario's that have not been restructured.  
         I would like it if this site actually did that kind of crosswalk and tell me which games I could play with someone that owns another supplement or later version of a supplement.  As an example, I apparently own all five supplements that make up Invasion Germany.  I wasn't tracking that North of Elsenborn was also included in Invasion Germany, until you pointed it out.  Whenever I click on Invasion Germany it tells me that I have 0% playability because I don't own Invasion of Germany.  I have every other game with the appropriate pieces and maps and recommends Invasion of Germany as my next purchase.  In reality, I should be able to play every single scenario because I have purchased the five supplements that make up Invasion of Germany. 
          I know it sounds  a bit nit-picky, as this site is a wonderful resource; however, if I were new to panzer grenadier, and had just picked up one of the five supplements that make-up Invasion of Germany (along with a few other games that provide the some of the requisite parts and maps) it would be nice to know that I can play x number of scenarios in Invasion of Germany.  It would also allow players who either own any or all of the five supplements to expand their search for potential F2F partners to those who owned  Invasion of Germany and vice versa.

Mike 

Messages In This Thread
Am I missing something.... - by Greyfox - 04-26-2017, 10:04 AM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Matt W - 04-26-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Greyfox - 05-06-2017, 08:27 AM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Shad - 05-07-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by plloyd1010 - 04-26-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Greyfox - 05-06-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Schoenwulf - 05-07-2017, 12:39 AM