Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank?
09-27-2013, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 08:09 PM by Brett Nicholson.)
RE: AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank?
All duly noted though I did read up on the portee's, apparently a lot of them could unload if they chose to. But I think I have everything cleared up on those and the self-propelled artillery now. On another note, while researching odd weapons, I read that the Soviets actually used anti-tank dogs against German armor. Now that would make for an interesting playing piece! Of course they didn't work that well, some of the dogs with anti-tank mines strapped to them ran from enemy fire back to Soviet lines and actually detonated them on Soviet personnel and sometimes their own tanks. The Soviets claim about 300 German tanks were eliminated this way which was most likely a bit overblown. I think it would make for at least a scenario special rule where they may have actually been successful ... imagine a mobile minefield, not motorized or subject to anti-tank fire that could randomly go in any direction and detonate at any time but that is well off topic here. Thanks for a the support again -Brett N.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank? - by nebelwurfer9 - 09-27-2013, 08:08 PM