Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank?
09-27-2013, 10:20 AM,
RE: AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank?
(09-27-2013, 09:58 AM)nebelwurfer9 Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 09:52 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Hopefully this helps for portees:

Moves like a truck (Motorized)
Cannot unload the gun
Activated like a truck, self, stack or infantry leader

What would be nice is to have a counter to represent them.

Right but in assaults let's say defending, if they were treated as trucks then they would be eliminated as collateral damage in addition to any other units there on an 'X' result; but against bombardment or direct fire they are not treated as the AT, AA or artillery pieces they have mounted, but as trucks. So I guess my follow-up question would be how they are affected defending in assault hexes; as trucks, as field pieces or as a normal unit ... whatever that is. Ah yes, and also, as trucks (or not trucks or transport) are they able to dig in?

Brett,

They won't be eliminated as collateral damage because that rule refers to 'Harmless enemies' & or transports. They are not harmless nor transports.

Loaded truck or artillery piece, either way it will receive the +1 in bombardment.

In assault, if they only have a bombardment factor or only an AT factor (2pdr portee), then I would give them a nominal factor of 1 (like mortars etc get).

On digging in, I would consider it an 'armed' unit and therefore can dig in. It says transports can not dig-in.

Simply put, and again referring to a new edition of rules. Portees need to be covered in a sentence or two whether or not transport rules apply to them or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank? - by vince hughes - 09-27-2013, 10:20 AM