Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Designers : How About BIG Battles
09-05-2013, 05:56 AM,
RE: Hey Designers : How About BIG Battles
Sorry guys.

Negative, negative, negative.

You naysayers are all involved in Campaigns anyway and that is what you are enjoying right now. I will indulge in such at some point in the future, of that I have no doubt. However, that does not mean that big big battles need be excluded. In fact, some of the reasons given above are very easily dealt with for the player that wants a battle royale.

Using Matt's post about the ground needed for a historical Grand battle pack: I would turn that into an advantage. Instead of fussing over historical (and new maps), simply write one-off scenarios using a selection from the 50-60 boards or more from those that are already in print. What makes this an even better option is that there would be no need for counters or maps and therefore a 10 pack Grand Battle selection could simply be downloaded from the site as all that are needed are the scenarios themselves. By being one-off scenarios, we are then only interested in the large battle itself. Cheap and cheerful.

FOW ? This is as simple as 123. Simply change the odds (by using more dice, or different shaped dice d12.d20 whatever it takes) as well as changing the point at when rolling FOW even begins. Its that simple.

I know that if there was a grand-battle beastie, those that like playing such monsters would do so, those that don't will not. Such a grand-battle can satisfy those that want something challengingly large without the foo & faa of a Campaign and its commitment.

Its simply different strokes ............. You pesky kids are all 'Campaign-Heads' at the moment. Now leave me to my PG dream you horrid lot. LOL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey Designers : How About BIG Battles - by vince hughes - 09-05-2013, 05:56 AM