Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Action Phase - is this sequence correct?
08-06-2023, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 08:17 AM by Tony M.)
RE: Action Phase - is this sequence correct?
(08-05-2023, 01:39 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: The some things to keep in mind. Leaders may activate adjacent units and lower ranking adjacent leaders. I setup some units and leaders for an example. Since I don't have Romanians loaded at the moment, I used Germans.

1. The CAPT in hex A may activate the LT in hex B, as well as the units in his own hex. He could also activate units in hex B without activating the LT.
  2. Assuming the CAPT activates the LT in hex B, he may then activate the SGT in hex E, but not the LT in hex C (because they are the same rank).
  3. The units in hex D may be activated by any leader in hexes A, B or E, after that leader activates.
  4. The unit in hex F may be activated either by the SGT or the LT in hex C, after that unit activates.
Keep in mind that all activations need to be declared before any action takes place. A leader with a fire activation may give move activations and vise versa.

better?

Yes. And so this entire chain of activations would then count as a SINGLE action? It would then be the case that, in your example, ALL of the German units would be marked with Fired/Moved markers and therefore would not be able to activate again in that game turn?

LOL...with the difficulty I am having with chain activations and when to either take an op fire or wait and do a direct fire, is it any wonder that I'm reluctant to play scenarios with armored vehicles? *shudder*   Big Grin

I spent the last 15 years of my employment doing legal work. I don't know why I'm having trouble grasping *these* concepts. Maybe the concepts I became so familiar with in previous game systems are crowding out newer ones. For years I played The Gamers' very elegant TCS system. But the maps are just too large. Back in 2010 I was a playtester for Compass Games' Steel Wolves and had no problems understanding anything. 

Maybe now my brain is just old...
treadasaurusrex, PANISTA, Tankodactyl And 7 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Action Phase - is this sequence correct? - by Tony M - 08-06-2023, 08:08 AM