Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dismounting Motorcycle Troops in Assault
05-22-2022, 01:24 AM,
RE: Dismounting Motorcycle Troops in Assault
Hmm...
the rule interpretation of the MTC (in this case) keeping MTcycles near, and then remounting is interesting...that it's because of the specific terrain
types in AK requreing that rule...Hmm

the problem is the rules define INF having certain capabilities---like preventing Tanks from being hit with a +1 when
assaulted alone in a "congested" hex (woods/city) when not accompanied by INF....
So---does the fact that someone is still caring for the motorcycles Negate the ability of two legged armed men
from protecting the Tanks?....
I'm thinking that ranks higher on the "Gamey" scale....I think that's hard to defend....

MTC and Bicycles --- even Cav --- need to be able to participate as the INF that they are on the battlefield....
Infantry platoons that happen to use a personal transport -- I don't think -- should be penalized when it comes
to how they operate in a combat situation....we can all agree they are not on their vehicles (CAV might be different, granted, depending on how they were used--
Charging for example)....

I'm having trouble with a Rationale that says in Africa they can get off their equipment---while in other Theaters they
would suffer penalties (or advantages too) because they are not INF ....

Perhaps the issue is the definition of INF--and in the specific case that Tanks can be protected if they are in the hex.
treadasaurusrex and cochise75 like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dismounting Motorcycle Troops in Assault - by cjsiam - 05-22-2022, 01:24 AM