Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Case for Counting Repetitive Scenario Play
09-14-2021, 06:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 07:00 AM by Shad.)
RE: A Case for Counting Repetitive Scenario Play
Blackcloud6,

I appreciate you making such a detailed and thoughtful argument for adjusting the rank calculation methodology.

Ranks are one of the oldest features on the site and as such date back to the dark ages where 99% of PG plays was solo because there was no real online play besides voice chat and 2 copies of the game (ugh).

I'm open to changing how this calculates. I don't have any special attachment to it.

That being said, allow me to throw a dead fish on the table - what if we just looked at total turns played? Why value a 5 turn scenario the same as a 120 turn monster? PG-HQ can tabulate that just as easily as individual games played.

The core purpose of player rank is to convey the individual's level of experience in playing PG. When you see someone with a high rank you should appreciate their commitment to the series. However you wish to calculate that is fine, so long as the mystique is preserved.

Thoughts?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Case for Counting Repetitive Scenario Play - by Shad - 09-14-2021, 06:59 AM