Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
05-12-2020, 04:23 PM,
RE: FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
(05-12-2020, 12:05 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Most of my information came from Wikipedia, World War 2.net, and the Osprey book. WW2.net gives the Brazilians 13 37mm cannons and 57 57mm guns, along with a bunch of bazookas and grenade launchers. That makes enough 37mm guns for 3 batteries. My guess falls along having 1 37mm and 2 57mm batteries in the regimental anti-tank company, and 1 57mm in the battalion anti-tank battery. No particular information to back that up, but it fits.

I thought about adding in the Brazilian P-47 squadron, but that is hard to fit into the Vassal scheme at this point.

I have a couple projects hanging out there too. Like you, the Italian-Greek War and Sicily battles. My Sicily project has a big Messina component, a PG version of the many Race to Messina campaigns done with miniatures. (I liked the campaign mechanism.) I also have the southern invasion of France and the Syrian Iraqi campaigns. All in various stages of languishing.

Hey,  

I actually considered trying to design some scenarios for the invasion of Southern France about 10-years ago.  I wrote my first Masters Thesis on Task Force Butler.  I found out that I had one major mistake in the thesis - The Reconnaissance Squadron that made up a significant portion of the Task Force was actually composed of M5 and not M3 Stuart Tanks.
      My thesis was actually used by a couple of recent books on the campaign - one that you might have is the Osprey book on Operation Anvil/Dragoon.  If you are ever interested in enlisting some help developing some scenarios associated with the Campaign, I would love to help.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force - by Greyfox - 05-12-2020, 04:23 PM