Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig Martin’s Got a PC!
08-01-2020, 06:04 AM,
RE: Craig Martin’s Got a PC!
Why does Edge keep coming up? When you run Vassal, it accesses Java directly.
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-01-2020, 08:20 AM,
Microsoft just introduced it as their default browser bundled w MS10. Everytime I went to test or load Java, it said "Not Compatible, Go Download MS Explorer." That was my last option. Firefox is working great so far. Now to load Uber.
08-01-2020, 09:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 09:26 AM by plloyd1010.)
Read this.
My solution was to remove Edge.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-02-2020, 04:15 AM,
I side stepped it. I figured it would lead to confusion and pain if I tried to remove it, and a short man w a pencil moustache in a trench coat would show up at my door and threaten me.

OK, I see that I am unassigned a mentor, but CJ has already stated he wants the position. He wants me to “pick up my pieces...”; also download the Uber package in Vassal General. I have put these in a file on desktop, but not into VASSAL yet. Should I wait for the system to assign me a mentor before going forward? Should I read the VASSAL manual, or just jump into it as CJ is sort of implying? It sounds like his method is deduction, trial and error, with manual and mentor at my side. This is fine with me.
08-03-2020, 01:20 AM,
Ok, download of PG Uber into VASSAL IS complete. Stem is showing. Now I want to set the font up bigger and possibly BOLD within the VASSAL program. Is this possible? I don’t see a font/lettering adjust button.
08-03-2020, 02:29 AM,
I don't think so. I think main and dialog window font sizes are fixed.
08-03-2020, 07:15 AM,
(08-03-2020, 02:29 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I don't think so. I think main and dialog window font sizes are fixed.
OK, I'll deal w it. My eyesight sucks. If I could invert the screen, that would help.