PG-HQ Forums
Chosin Reservoir - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Chosin Reservoir (/showthread.php?tid=2756)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Chosin Reservoir - plloyd1010 - 02-20-2023

What PDF? OOB_-_Leader--Brazilian_Expedition.vmdx is compressed folder with 3 txt/xml files (scripts you don't care about), 2 html files (catalog and notes), and sub-folder with 87 images (70 of which would be interesting to you). No PDF involved.

Are you trying to use Acrobat? Get away from that thing!

RE: Chosin Reservoir - JayTownsend - 02-21-2023

My computer is old and I need to update a lot of things but I presently can not down the format you provided me with Peter. When I have time, I’ll download something that might help.

Peter, it doesn’t even open on my newer Apple Phone.

RE: Chosin Reservoir - plloyd1010 - 02-21-2023

Try this. Everyone else can take look if they want also.

Peter, that worked. Very nice! I can’t check it out too much presently, at work and busy but later. Maybe you can do the Greek-Italian down load in the format as well.

One thing to keep in mind Peter, Mike gives me an absolute counter limit for each game or supplement. So not every type of unit will show up in a game or supplement.

RE: Chosin Reservoir - plloyd1010 - 02-21-2023

(02-21-2023, 06:01 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: One thing to keep in mind Peter, Mike gives me an absolute counter limit for each game or supplement. So not every type of unit will show up in a game or supplement.

I know, 77, 88 and 165, or multiples and combinations thereof. Vassal has no such concerns, so I can give the North Koreans Sherman Emuchas and you can't (with Mike). You could though make such scenarios and post them here.

RE: Chosin Reservoir - JayTownsend - 02-28-2023

I forgot to post this when it first came out. 
 K-Pop Package

[font]For Gold-Club Members, first crack at this:[/font]

Historical Boardgames (mcssl.com) 
● Pusan Perimeter (book only)
● Chosin Reservoir
Retail Price: 64.98
Package Price: 55
Gold Price: 38.50 (That’s 40 percent off!)

RE: Chosin Reservoir - JayTownsend - 03-24-2023

Panzer Grenadier: Chosin Reservoir

This was in the recent Gold-Club news letter and looks Great, I really like those Red Chinese counters. 

RE: Chosin Reservoir - plloyd1010 - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 01:47 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: Panzer Grenadier: Chosin Reservoir

This was in the recent Gold-Club news letter and looks Great, I really like those Red Chinese counters. 

I'm actually a little disappointed. The color scheme is okay, I guess. The bigger letdown is the leader ranks. The PRC didn't use conventional ranks until after the Korean War. When I look back over the Italians, the French, the SS, the Indians and so forth, using conventional ranks for such a prominent national force falls rather flat. Undecided

I might remedy the leaders in Vassal.

RE: Chosin Reservoir - JayTownsend - 03-24-2023

Like the North Koreans, they have many levels of Lieutenants & Colonels & NCO but simplify it. The Chinese like to follow western ranks and had a ton of American weapons leftover from the Chinese Civil War