Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which wargame company stole the Italian Bersaglieri article from Avalanche Press?
11-08-2014, 07:45 AM,
Which wargame company stole the Italian Bersaglieri article from Avalanche Press?
In the Nov. 6 Daily Content about Afrika Korps: The End Mike Bennighof mentions:
We did post a nice piece on Italian Bersaglieri that another wargame company liked enough to steal for their own website under someone else’s byline, without even acknowledging me or Avalanche Press. Yes, I’m still pissed off over that. Steal this piece and post it on your site.

I'm curious who the thief was. Or is it better to just let sleeping dogs lie?
warstudent aka Jim
11-08-2014, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014, 08:10 AM by plloyd1010.)
RE: Which wargame company stole the Italian Bersaglieri article...
Exactly who the larcenist was is hard to tell. "Blake at Battlefront" posted a very similar (as in wording & passage) on Flames of War in 2011. Original article predates that by about 6 years.

I don't about the dogs, but leaving the lawyers out of the argument is a good idea.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-08-2014, 03:49 PM,
RE: Which wargame company stole the Italian Bersaglieri article from Avalanche Press?
Thanks! Yeah that's it.

"I don't about the dogs, but leaving the lawyers out of the argument is a good idea."
Good point!
warstudent aka Jim
11-12-2014, 11:22 PM,
RE: Which wargame company stole the Italian Bersaglieri article from Avalanche Press?
We don't know if "Battlefront Blake" heisted the text from AP, or if someone else did first and then he got it without knowing anything else about it. However it does illustrate the point that everything on the 'net comes from somewhere and sources should be acknowledged.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking